Weird Weather Phenomenon
By: Rileagh Meyers
What causes a Fire Whirl?
7 facts about the Fire Whirl.
2. A fire whirl can reach up to 2,000 °F (1,090 °C)
3. Fire whirls can set objects in their paths ablaze and can hurl burning debris out into their surroundings.
4. Large fire whirls can create wind speeds of more than 100 mph, strong enough to knock down trees
5. In 1923 Great Kanto earthquake in Japan which ignited a large city-sized firestorm and produced a gigantic fire whirl that killed 38,000 people in fifteen minutes
6. People who get caught by a fire whirl can be burned alive.
7. Fire whirls can last for an hour or more.