RHS Weekly Newsletter
Week of October 28 - November 1
Hickman Mills C-1 Board and Administrative Priorities 2013-2014
- Ensure full accreditation
- Increase academic achievement of ALL students
- Improve student attendance
- Improve faculty and staff attendance
- Improve safety and discipline
- Attract, retain and ensure the professional development of highly qualified teachers and staff, committed to increased student achievement and more effective teaching
- Develop and coordinate capital improvement plans in the areas fo facilities and technology that supports continuous improvement
- Ensure the funding of priorities through an ongoing, coordinated approach to district budgeting
TGIF From Mr. Rivers
PD Discussion Topic
Lets try this again. I am using a different website for responses should work alot better. What does student engagement look like and sound like?
RHS Calander of Events
Home Athletic Events for the Week
- Monday Oct 21 - Soccer v. Winnetonka ( Moutray)
- Thursday Oct 24 - Volleyball v. Park Hill ( Moutray)
- Friday Oct 25 - Football v. St. Joe Central ( All) ****Senior Night****
*If your interested in working these events please sign up using the link below or see Mr. Martin.*
Athletic Sign up form - click here to sign up for future games!!!!!!
Assemblies or Field Trips
Monday Oct. 21- JROTC, Senior Leadership 20/20 Field Trip
Wednesday Oct. 23 - Junior Leadership 20/20 Fieldtrip
Thursday Oct 24 - Student Council to Center High School
Thursday October 29 is our Plan test day. All students will be in thier advisement class from 7:30 - 11:23 (Lunch). There will be activites and class meetings to help break up the time. We will have a more detailed schedule of events before the end of the week.
RHS Professional Development Weekly Focus
- No PD this week due to parent teacher conferences
- Check the Google folder RHS PD Resources for additional resources. (Lesson Plan Template,etc)
- Please continue to work on uploading your information into Google drive. I added a link below that shows you how to upload documents and files into Google drive. I will share the folder with Central Office staff at the end of the this week.
- Assessment data - Remember I need you to fill out the weekly assessment data form on a weekly basis. There is also the expectation that your data charts are displayed in your classroom. Here is a link: RHS Weekly Data Form
Student Bright Spots
- Taniesha Sanders - Dedication, maturity, rigorous class work, planning for future now as soph. Highest level of performance currently in UMKC Musical Bridges, Ruskin Orchestra, and KC Youth Symphony
- Oni Karimu - hard work, dedication, respect for others, mentor to others on violin.
Please use the link below to nominate students!!!
Staff Bright Spots
Ms. Gunner for being at her door during passing periods and motivating students.
-Ms. Schwartz for helping us out!! Thanks
-Mr. Harrison our head custodian for all the hard work.
-The student council for the cancer walk this weekend. A total of over $250.00 was raised to fight breast cancer.
Please use the link below to tell us about staff bright spots!!!
RHS Weekly Average = 94.19% Last Week = 94.05%
Percentage of Students 90% or better = This week = 79.98%. Last week 79.60% We made a slight increase. Attendance Goal = 90%
We still need to increase by 10% which means we need move 121 students to 90% or better.
We need to focus on the students in the 80% range.
- 71 Students in the range of 85% to 89%
- 50 Students in the range of 80% - 84%
- 121 students in the 80% range.
If you have any students who have fallen below that 90% attendance mark, please make sure you call parents and note the interaction in the PLP on Infinite Campus. Starting October 1st, students below a certain percentage will undergo a strict monitoring process. Having our parents aware of this will assist in this process. If a student has missed school and has documentation to prove that the student was required to not come to school that day, please make sure they turn that documentation into Tammy Hagermann.
Attendance Info at Parent Teacher Conference
During parent teacher conferences, there will be an attendance table set up to give out information about the district and school attendance policies. Parents can check to see if their students are at risk of losing credit due to attendance at that time. If that is the case, the parent will be asked to sign a contract stating that they understand their child is at risk and will be given the appeals process steps at that time.
After conferences are over, advisement teachers will send home a similar contract with students to be signed. These contracts will be required in order to file an appeal. More details to follow next week.
Top 5 Advisement
UpWard Bound 97.53%
MELIUS, STEPHANIE 97.14%
DWYER, PATRICK J 96.72%
MAYO, RACHEL 96.65%
SCHLUTOW, STEPHEN T 96.54%
Note: Soaring Eagle trophy is awarded to the advisement class with the highest average attendance for the week. The advisement class that wins the trophy the most for the month will win an incentive from the administration. Examples may be a pizza party, ice cream sundae party, etc.
PBIS Expectations Communications Schedule
1st Semester 2013
October – Respectful Month
Week 1 Sept. 30-Oct. 4 Respectful Arrival/Dismissal
Week 2 Oct. 7-11 Respectful Hallways
Week 3 Oct. 14-18 Respectful Cafeteria
Week 4 Oct. 21-25 Respectful Classrooms
Week 5 Oct. 28-Nov. 1 Respectful (Choice)
November – Peaceful Month
Week 1 Nov. 4-8 Peaceful Arrival/Dismissal
Week 2 Nov. 11-15 Peaceful Hallways
Week 3 Nov. 18-22 Peaceful Cafeteria
Week 4 Nov. 25-29 Peaceful Classrooms
December – Ready to Learn Month
Week 1 Dec.2-6 Ready-to-Learn Arrival/Dismissal
Week 2 Dec. 9-13 Ready-to-Learn Hallways
Week 3-4 Dec. 16-20 Ready-to-Learn Cafeteria/Classrooms
At Risk Updates
RHS Student Service Center
ACT Dates: Oct 26th Registration Deadline:Sept. 27th
Dec. 14th Nov. 8th
Feb. 8th Jan. 10th
April 12th Mar. 7th
June 14th May 9th
Oct 23 Parent Teacher Conference - 4 - 8
Oct 24 Parent Teacher Conference 4 - 7:30
Oct. 29th SENIOR CLASS Meeting
Oct. 29th PLAN Test - There will be no classes duirng testing. We will resume the regualar bell schedule at 11:23.
- Sophomores Testing in advisement classes
- Juniors in advisement and will have class meeting
- Seniors advisement and class meeting
Quotes from Copas
Administrative Assistants Updates and info
- Socratic Seminar is not a option
- Continue to have your discussions about grades and attendance .
Advisement Weekly Schedule
Monday: Grade Checks
Thursday: Socratic Seminar Video (Link will be sent)
- Those who do not have internet access need to attempt to find a room to view. The library will also show video.
- Please member to be inviting parents to Parent Teacher Conferences!