Happy Sunday CELC families! I hope you enjoyed your weekend.
Thank you to everyone who came out this Friday to meet Miss A at our drive through event. It was great to be able to meet many of our EAK students and their families prior to the first day of school. We even met a very cute doggie passenger!
Please review the updates and reminders below to help keep you informed about what is happening on campus and in the district:
- There is no school on Monday, January 18 in remembrance of MLK Jr. Day.
- As a reminder, our EAK and Dual Language Programs begin on Tuesday, January 19. We will see a slight increase in both parking lot and foot traffic.
- Thank you for your continued support with our COVID-19 safety protocols.
- EAK Parents- if you have not been able to pick up your student's Chromebook yet, please call the office to schedule an appointment.
- Welcome EAK! Your staggered start time is 9:00 am to 9:10 am. Room 3 is located near the office. Please walk your child to the classroom and maintain a minimum of 6ft from other families. Once the teacher takes their temperature, blow your cutie a kiss and head off campus. Students will be ready for pick up at the classroom door 1:25 pm. EAK families will be using the front gate.
- If you are interested in purchasing something from the CELC Wish List, please visit https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3SFKL6ROWON5R?ref_=wl_share.
- Please report all absences to the office. We are required to trace all absences. Illnesses may require a 10-14 day stay at home. All students that are out for any reason will be temporarily assigned to distance learning. They can receive credit for their time off campus if they complete work online.
- The district continues to serve food during our Hybrid Schedule. Due to the holiday, food will be served on Tuesday from 11:00am to 12:30pm at JMMS. If that time doesn't work for you, there is also a 5:00 pm pick up.
- Child Nutrition Services offers snack pick up for students at CELC during pick up times. This week, Hybrid A parents may pick up snacks on Tuesday (because of the Monday holiday), and Hybrid B parents may pick up snacks on Thursdays. The grab and go snack bag will contain 5 days worth of snacks. This is available to all students 18 and under.
- Join us for VIRTUAL FUN FRIDAYS. This Friday, January 22, is "Thank An Essential Worker Day". Share a message to an essential worker you appreciate on social media. Post a picture of them if you would like. Use #virtualfunfriday #alpinestrong #essentialworkers
- The district is still providing free wifi access at CELC, SHES, JMMS, and BOES. Just park in the lot and log in. The wifi name is AlpineUnited and no password is needed.
- The district has tech support available to parents. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your technology questions.
- AUSD is hiring. Please check out https://www.edjoin.org/alpineschools for job postings. Also see the flyer below regarding our increase in pay for substitute teachers. This increase is effective immediately. Creekside has an Instructional Aide position and a Dual Language Preschool Teacher position open. Both positions are 3.75 hours a day. Come join our team!
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your 3-day weekend.
We are excited to celebrate Valentine’s Day at CELC on February 9th and 12th! In order to make it as safe as possible, we are asking our families to follow these guidelines:
- Bring your Valentine cards to school between January 25th and 29th. We will be “quarantining” them until our celebrations.
- Sign your name on the cards; do not address your Valentines.
- Bring enough Valentines for all of the students in your class; not just your cohort. You will get this number from your teacher.
- Edible items will not be allowed. Please do not send any candy or treats with your valentines.
- Non-edible items may accompany your Valentines such as pencils, erasers or stickers. These items need to come in with your Valentines during the week of January 25th - 29th.
- Distance Learners can drop off valentines for their classmates and will be able to pick up their bags after the celebrations.
- If you have any further questions, please contact your child's teacher.
Creekside Early Learning Language Academy (CELLA)
- 50/50 Spanish/English Program
- Highly qualified bilingual teaching staff
- Hours: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- 4 day a week option only at this time
- Open M/T/TH/F
- No School on Wednesdays for deep cleaning and curriculum prep
- Cohort of 12 students
- Billed weekly at $175
Free COVID -19 Testing
Our next COVID-19 and flu shot drive through will be on Wednesday, January 20 from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm at JMMS. This is free for anyone!
CELC Office Staff
Mary Barkley, Clerk
Tamara Ripke, Principal
Stephanie Green, School Secretary
Connect with CELC
M-F 8:00 am to 3:30 pm by appointment
Please note that the office will be closed and locked during drop off and pick up in order for the staff to help with students. Please call or email us with questions, concerns, or to make an appointment when we can assist you.