Procedure for Catapult
Steps to Create the Catapult
- Use rubber bands to make a “T” shape with two bamboo rods. Then add three more rods to make the rectangle base of the catapult, like this. (If you make the base first, you’ll end up having to take it apart to add the vertical piece for the shooting arm.)
2. Add 1 vertical rod to each corner. Add a horizontal rod at the top on the side where the shooting arm is.
3. Add a horizontal rod to the other side, where you should currently have two loose vertical rods. Put this horizontal rod a couple of inches down from the top. Then, connect all of the vertical rods at the top, so that your catapult looks like this.
4. In order to make the shooting arm long enough, I added a second bamboo rod with duck tape. If you’re not buying them pre-cut, you could just make that piece longer. However, I figured it was easier and cheaper to buy the ones that weren't pre-cut. I used a long rubber band to give tension to the shooting arm along with miniature bungee cords.
5. Glue on your ammunition basket with hot glue, and you’re ready to fire!