Bang Bear News
I hope you had a wonderful summer! We are excited about the start of the new school year. I am looking forward to seeing all of our precious Bears real soon. Our theme this year is "Rise Up". Our goal is to rise up in all we do at Bang Elementary this year. We have been making plans to safely start school on August 23, 2021. Click here to view the district safety plan.
Here's a brief overview of our safety plan for 2021-22:
- All students and staff must self screen daily for symptoms.
- If you feel sick, please stay home!
- Hand sanitizing stations will be very visible throughout the building, including in every classroom!
- When washing hands in the restroom, scrub with soap for at least 20 seconds to ensure removal of germs.
- Scheduled restroom breaks will be with the teacher.
- One way hallways.
- We are encouraging appropriate social distancing whenever possible.
- Between classes, our teachers will spray down high-touch surfaces such as desks and sanitize computer keyboards.
- Each day after school, the custodians will use hospital-grade disinfectant to clean all high-touch surfaces such as door handles, cafeteria tables and desks, and refill all hand sanitizing stations.
- In addition to our cafeteria tables being wiped down before and after breakfast service and each lunch period, we will be spacing out students as much as possible.
- The ventilation in our building~to reduce contaminates in all district facilities, CFISD has increased the introduction of outside air, improved air filtration and increased air flow.
- All students in CFISD including Bang Elementary will receive free breakfast and lunch this year.
- We will have grab and go breakfast this year to help students social distance. There will be 4 breakfast stations set up around the building.
- Unfortunately, the 1st 9 weeks we will only be able to accomodate our students during lunch so that we can spread out as feasible.
- Door opens at 7:45 am
- Instruction begins at 8:00 am
- School ends at 3:30 pm
Looking forward to the best year ever!
2021-2022 Annual Student Information Update
The Annual Student Information update will replace the paper based Student Demographic Card/Sheets" that are distributed by the school each year. This process will reduce the emails, and papers they sent to the registrar.
Changes of address or any other critical information will be placed in an electronic file and the registrar will review it.
Information can be updated using HAC (Home Access Center)
Continued Enrollment Procedures
All students on a Verification of Address Affidavit that have not completed the second required step of providing 3 documents with the correct address and their name as proof of residence will need to re enroll with a new affidavit and complete step 2. The affidavit is to establish residency for a student who is living with a parent/guardian in a residence that they are not owning/renting. Form must be submitted along with the homeowner's copy of photo ID, current light, gas or water bill along with lease or homeowner verification such as HCAD records or mortgage statements.
Failure to have current, up to date residential documents will result in your child not receiving a homeroom assignment and/or starting school on the first day of the 2021-2022 school year.
Paperwork may be sent to our registrar, Sharon Scott via email at Sharon.email@example.com . For questions about your residence paperwork, you may contact her at (281)897-4762.
Join Ms. Wilson's Bang Parents 2021-22 class on Remind!
Click the link below.