The Phoenix Post
Aspire K-12 Updates | Week Ending February 10th, 2023
In this Edition...
Celebrating Black History Month
Several people in major league baseball tried to end segregation in the sport. No one succeeded until Jackie Robinson agreed to a contract with the Brooklyn Dodger in 1945. During his career Jackie faced numerous obstacles with racial intolerance and would have bottles thrown at him during games. He would go on to play for the Dodger for 9 years with 137 home runs, 734 runs batted in and 197 stolen bases. Jackie played an essential role in the Dodgers beating the New York Yankees in their first World Series. Jackie Robinson was also the first African American inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me...All I ask is that you respect me as a human being."
2023 DVUSD Parent Survey 📣
The 2023 DVUSD Parent & Community Satisfaction Survey is open!!
As we strive to continuously improve our schools and the district, we value your feedback and input. In addition, we are committed to reviewing the results and taking action on what our parents and community members have to say.
The Survey is open until February 24th - click the link below to complete it!
Principal's Corner 🍎
Greetings Aspire Families:
Thank you to all of our parents/guardians who have taken a few minutes to complete the 2023 DVUSD Parent Survey. The link is above. If you have not had the chance to do this yet, we ask that you provide your input. Your feedback is valued!
It is great to see so many students come to the Innovation Center to work with their teachers and spend time with each other. There is a true community being built at our school both in-person and virtually! We have an easy "fun"draiser coming up on February 28th at Panda Express sponsored by our amazing PTSA. Aspire will earn 20% of all funds raised. Show the flyer that is in this S'more. We are creating a rock garden at the Innovation Center on March 30. We encourage all of our K-12 students and their families to participate either in person or from home then bring it to the Innovation Center. Stay tuned for additional details.
Seniors- Please check your smore for important updates regarding graduation and senior pictures.
Students- Remember to check your Canvas courses for end dates and make sure your MYHOURS are up to date. Keep up the good work! Parents and students, part time registration will begin at the end of March - early April.
State Testing: Please note that this semester is state testing season, mark your calendars to ensure that you are prepared and ready to attend required in person state assessments.
Tax Credit Donation: Please consider making your school tax credit donation to Aspire. Funds will be used to support and help grow our clubs, speakers, and field trips. See flyer below or call Aspire for details.
Senior Pictures: It was exciting to see many of our future graduates come and get their senior pictures taken! They all looked so great in their cap and gowns.
Yearbooks are on sale now! $22 - Details are below.
Thank you for all of your hard work and showing how you are on F.I.R.E. Enjoy the weekend!
As always, if you questions or concerns, please contact your administrator, Juliet Amara 7-12 and Laura Victor K-6 @ Aspire@dvusd.org .
Spring State Testing ⚠️
THANK YOU to our families who have signed up to donate snacks for our State Testing in the Spring! We appreciate you!!
Click the links below for State Testing schedules and information:
**If your student qualifies for small group testing - email communication was sent out from Dr. Victor regarding Small Group Testing Dates**
Remember that attendance is required!
If you have any questions regarding state testing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week at Aspire...🔴🟡🟠
Aspire students and staff were given the challenge of completing 100 Acts of Kindness. A heart was added for each act. Students could come in to the Innovation Center or tell a teacher who added it for them. Great job Aspire!
Aspire Clubs 🎵🎨
Aspire Clubs are up and running for the Spring Semester!
🧪Science Club - K-3rd Grade | Mondays 2-2:30PM
📚Book Club | 4th-6th Grade | Tuesdays/Thursdays 1:30-2PM
🎵Choir - 4th-8th Grade | Tuesdays 3:30-4PM
🏃Jump Rope Club - K-8th Grade | Wednesdays 3:30-4:30PM
💭Spanish Club | Wednesdays 3:30-4:30PM
February 16th & 17th - Parent/Teacher Conferences | Half-Day Release
February 20th - No School | President's Day
February 24th - Early Release
February 26- Last day for K-8 students to complete Doordash/Amplify/NorRedInk sessions for the drawing
February 28: "Take out Tuesday" PTSA fundraiser at Panda Express (see details below)
This Week During PLC...
Professional Learning Communities at Aspire!
- K-3 teachers focused on DIBLES data to learn students strengths and areas for growth.
- 4-6 teachers reviewed state testing results to help examine areas to support individual students.
- 7-12 teachers gathered to review data from our first in-person State Test Prep sessions, and to finalize additional plans to support students prior to State Testing!
Print this Flyer or show it on your phone at Panda Express!
⚕️Permission to Carry Medicine
- Parents, if your student needs to carry medicine (inhaler, epi-pen, insulin) please request a copy of the "Permission to Carry Medicine" form from our front office (email@example.com)
- Students must have this on file in order to access/use medicine on our campus!
☎️K-8 Parent/Teacher Conferences
- February 16th and 17th
- Half-Day Schedule for both days
- Conferences will be available in-person & via Zoom
- Additional information & schedule will be shared by your child's teacher
📚Device & Q3 Materials Pick-Up
Device Pick-Up Hours:
- Monday - Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM
- If you have any questions or need to make other arrangements for picking up devices/materials, please contact us at Aspire@dvusd.org. We are here to help!
- Next Due Date: February 26
- Remember to complete DreamBox/Amplify/No Red Ink for a chance to have lunch delivered by Dr. Victor!
- This is for any K-8 full-time Aspire Student!
7th & 8th Grade Info😎
Required ELA District Interim 2 Assessment - via Zoom!
- All 7th & 8th grade students will need to complete the required ELA District Interim 2 Assessment
- Tuesday, February 21st and Wednesday, February 22nd
- Students must attend the regular daily Zoom class with their cameras on in order to take the assessment
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
Required MATH District Assessment - IN-PERSON
- All 7th & 8th grade students must attend IN-PERSON for the Math District Assessment
- Dates: February 21st OR February 23rd @ 2PM
- Location: Innovation Center
- If students are unable to attend, please contact your teacher PRIOR to testing day to make arrangements. (email@example.com)
9th-12th Grade News 🖥️
ACT Test Prep 💡
- Aspire 9th-12th grade teachers will be holding in-person sessions to prepare students for upcoming state assessments!
- Thank you to students who attended the first session! See the flyer below for information regarding our next session!
- Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention Seniors! 🎓
IN NEED OF SENIOR GRADUATION SPEAKERS
- If you are interested in speaking at our Graduation Ceremony, please complete THIS FORM
- Additional details will be sent once we have gathered interested participants!
It was great to see students for Senior Portraits!
- If you missed Senior Portrait day, but would like to have pictures taken, please reach out to Lifetouch to schedule an appointment at their building
Mr. Dugan is Aspire's Senior Sponsor this year!
Contact him with any questions: email@example.com
What's Poppin' with PTSA🍿
PTSA: Parent Teacher Student Association
Welcome to February!
Join the Aspire PTSA and get involved in our school community!
This month we are sponsoring a take-out Tuesday “fun”draiser at Panda Express: February 28th 9:30am-10:00pm! Details in the flyer!
Be on the lookout for our Kindness Rocks event on March 30 from 3:00pm-5:00pm! This will be a hybrid event and a link will be shared so that families can participate from home or in person at the Innovation Center. Stay tuned for more information!
Come see what other exciting events and activities we have planned!
Next General meeting: Wednesday February 22nd at 5:30pm
Zoom link: Aspire PTSA https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/89986530774 .
Next Executive meeting: Wednesday March 8th at 5:30pm
Zoom link: Aspire PTSA https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/89986530774 .
Use the QR Code to join!
Individual Membership $6
Business Membership $25
Birthday Shout-Outs 🥳
Want to wish your child a "Happy Birthday" on the Aspire Announcements? Click the button above to complete the Birthday Shout Out form!