Blair Oaks High School - August 16, 2019
We have had a great first two days! Thank you to our students, parents and staff for making this an amazing school. We are looking forward to a great year!
Google Classroom Help - Aug. 19th
- When: Monday, Aug. 19th, 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Blair Oaks High School
Dual Credit Classes, payment due Aug. 21st
Students who have chosen to take dual credit classes first semester will register with the colleges during the first week of school.
- Students taking ITV classes through CMU will register on Friday, August 16th, during their ITV classes. The cost for STCM courses is $96 per credit hour, payable to State Technical College of MIssouri. Payment is due by Wednesday, August 21st.
- Students taking STCM classes will register on Monday, August 19th, during periods 1-3. The cost of these classes is $80 per credit hour, payable to Central Methodist University.
- Payment for all dual credit classes is due by Wednesday, August 21st.
Only payment for first semester classes is due at this time.
Payment for second semester classes will be due in December.
Football Jamboree - Aug. 23rd
- When: Friday, August 23rd, 7:00 p.m.
- Where: Blair Oaks Football Complex
- Teams: Blair Oaks, Helias, Owensville, Southern Boone
- Admission: $2.00 everyone
Owensville vs Southern Boone - Scoreboard end of field
Blair Oaks vs Helias - Concession stand end of field
Helias vs Owensville - Scoreboard end
Blair Oaks vs Southern Boone - Concession stand end
Helias vs Southern Boone - Scoreboard end
Blair Oaks vs Owensville - Concession stand end
Football Kickoff Classic - Aug. 30th
The athletic department is excited to announce that we just received tickets fresh off the press for this year's "Kickoff Classic" football game vs. Maryville. The game will be played on Friday, August 30th, at William Jewel University in Liberty, MO. Tickets to attend the game are $5.00 and are available in the high school office. Tickets will also be available for sale at the Jamboree.
Softball Jamboree - Aug. 24th
- Softball Jamboree, beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- Location: Antimi Sports Complex, Cosmo Park, Columbia, MO
- Teams: Battle, Blair Oaks, Hickman, Warrensburg
11am HHS v. Blair Oaks –Blue Field
11am Warrensburg v. Battle –Red Field
HHS v. Warrensburg –Blue Field
Blair Oaks v. Battle –Red Field
HHS v. Battle –Blue Field
Blair Oaks v. Warrensburg –Red Field
BHS Club Day - Aug. 29th
On Thursday, August 29th, students will be given an opportunity throughout the day to visit with different clubs and their sponsors. Encourage your student to keep an open mind and go outside their comfort zone. Oftentimes, these are the most rewarding experiences.
Booster Club News
The Blair Oaks Booster Club is a non-profit organization that promotes athletic excellence, a positive community image, and competitive programs by providing financial assistance and support to our student athletes, coaching staffs and activity department through fundraising and donation programs.
Your Booster Board for 2019-2020 are:
- Shauna Kerperin, President
- Joy Northweather, Vice-President
- Angie Stockman, Secretary
- Dawn Wilde, Treasurer
- Gregg Boessen, Voting Member
- Matt Kliegel, Voting Member
- Amie Briggs. Voting Member
Supporting the Booster Club and volunteering your time at school events are great ways to promote student-athletes and school spirit. Visit the links below to sign-up to be a Falcon Follower or Business Sponsor.
- Be a Falcon Follower!
Become a “Falcon Follower” for the cost of $25 - $100 per year. A Falcon Follower is a member of the Blair Oaks Athletic Booster Club. Falcon Followers are listed on the sport’s display at the complex and high school gym. Deadline is September 10th.
- Be a Booster Club Banner Advertiser!
Business sponsors pay $100 to have an advertisement with their logo on it displayed on a large banner at the complex and in the high school gym. Deadline is September 10th.
- Be a Concession Stand Volunteer!
Each team is assigned concession stand duty for a home game. Click on tabs at the top of the SignUpGenius form to view your team's assignment. Show your support for Blair Oaks athletes and our athletic community by volunteering. We welcome all help!
Click here to visit Blair Oaks Athletic Booster Club & Falcon Wear Facebook page. The Booster Club would love for you to "like" their page and follow events shared there. Be the first to know!
Be Alert Presentation - Sept. 3rd
We know there is a growing need to educate parents and students on the potential dangers our students face when using social media. We recognize social media is continually changing and it is important for all of us to continue educating ourselves.
In September, Russ Tuttle will offer a "caring adult" presentation to the entire community on Tuesday, September 3rd, in the Middle School Gym starting at 6:00 p.m. Mr. Tuttle is part of the Stop Trafficking Project. His presentations focus on the role social media plays in exploiting vulnerabilities.
School Picture Day - Sept. 5th
Thursday, September 5th, is School Picture Day!
- Order forms will be sent home with students the week of Aug. 26-30th. Additional order forms will be available in the office.
- Students should bring their order form with payment on picture day and give it to the photographer at the time photo is taken.
- Parents may order pictures online. Link to follow in next newsletter. Students should bring a copy of the online order receipt on picture day and present it to the photographer.
Falcon Spirit Wear
BOE Home & School Falcon Spirit Wear
Mark your calendars!
- 16 - CMU ITV Registrations
- 19 - STCM Class Registrations
- 19 - Google Classroom Help, 6:30 p.m.
- 21 - Senior Parent Information Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 23 - Football Jamboree, 7:00 p.m.
- 24 - Softball Jamboree, 11:00 a.m.
- 26 - Volleyball Jamboree, 6:00 p.m. (schedule not yet available)
Location: Hickman High School, Columbia, MO
Teams: Blair Oaks, Hickman, Sacred Heart, St. Paul Lutheran
- 29 - Club Day
- 2 - No School, Labor Day
- 3 - Russ Tuttle Social Media Presentation, 6:00 p.m., MS Gym
- 4 - Junior Parent Information Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 4 - Sophomore Parent Information Night, 7:00 p.m.
- 5 - School Picture Day
- 12 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m.
- 18 - College Application Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 25 - Financial Aid Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 27 - Central Bank Tailgate Night at the football game
- 3 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m.
- 11 - End of 1st Quarter
- 11 - Homecoming parade and game
- 12 - Homecoming dance
Blair Oaks High School
Providing a quality education and empowering lifelong learners
We envision soaring to new heights through:
Leadership and Service