The Gator Gazette
Friday, May 5
Message from the SWAMP
And just like that May is here! What a beautiful week of weather! Next week we have Food Trucks coming on May 9 and Track Day on May 10. We are still looking for a few parent volunteers, if you are available please let the office know.
Canoe and Bike Trips: Permission/Information forms for the Canoe and Bike trips can be found on google classroom (codes are listed below), if students have misplaced the forms that were handed out.
Please note: Registration for canoe trip is closed unless students were in attendance for the meetings.
Canoe Trip Code: 4msoelz
Bike Trip Code: 2divxr4
- 9th - Food Trucks
- 10th - Track Day
- 12th - Healthy Hunger lunch - Papa John's
- 15th - ELA Part A Exam
- 18th - Parent Council - 7pm
- 19th - Healthy Hunger Lunch - KFC
- 22nd - Victoria Day - No School
- 24th - District Track Day
- 24th - 26th - Grade 9 Outdoor Ed Canoe Trip
- 26th - Healthy Hunger lunch - Pita Pit
- 1st - Zone Track Day
- 2nd - Grade 7 Outdoor Ed trip
- 2nd - Healthy Hunger lunch - Wok Box
- 5th - Band Spring Concert
- 6th - Grade 6 Volleyball Camp 5:30 - 7pm
- 7th - Early Dismissal
- 8th - Grade 6 Basketball Camp 5:30 - 7pm
- 8th - Gator Day Out - Millennium Place
- 8/9th - Grade 8 Outdoor Ed Bike Trip
- 9th - Healthy Hunger lunch - Pizza Hut
- 15th - Grade 9 Farewell
- 16th - Grade 9 Day Out - Wabamun
- 20th - ELA Part B
- 21st - Indigenous People's Day
- 22nd - Math Part A
- 23rd - Math Part B
- 26th - Social PAT
- 27th - Science PAT
- 28th - Last Day of School/Early Dismissal
- 28th - Awards Night at North Pointe Church 7pm
Our Own Mack Schneider's summary of the Band Trip
On April 19th, Lorne Akins band students set off for Calgary for their first tour in 4 years. On the first day of our tour, we visited Laser City for laser tag, on the second we went swimming at Southland Leisure Center, bowling at Mountain View Bowling, and on the last day, we toured the National Music Center and walked around the Calgary Zoo.
The band performed at 2 schools: Divine Mercy Elementary and Pembroke Meadows School. The bus we used was absolutely incredible and was such a huge help in making the tour run smoothly. Everything we needed for the performances was put under the bus and was easy to take out when we needed to play. Most meals that we had we bought in the food courts of various malls in the Calgary area.
A big thanks to Mr. Demuynck and Mr. Shmyr for making this possible, and an especially huge thank you to Mr. Hollands, who did a fantastic job conducting and organizing his first band tour!
Aztec Artifact Projects
Grade 9 Inventors Fair
Climbing Club at Factory Climbing Club
St. Albert Public School Division Art Show
Lorne Akins Art Students with their Artwork that was selected to appear in the St. Albert Public School Division's annual Art Show! This is a wonderful opportunity for students to display their talents to the public. The exhibit will run in person at St. Albert Place from May 9th-14th as well as virtually on all division schools' websites. #GoGators
TA Spring Door Challenge
Grade 9s making homemade perogies
The Food Trucks are coming May 9!
Track Day is Wed. May 10!
- All students are expected at school for this full day event
- It is part of the students' PE mark as well as a core competition
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather
- Check your child has water with them and money for the BBQ
- And they are rested and ready for a great day of fun!
It’s time to say “See you later, Gator”, to our Grade 9 students.
Theme: All Black
When: Thursday, June 15, 2023
Time: 4:00- 6:00 pm
Class Photo: 4:00 pm
Where: Lorne Akins
Who: Grade 9 students only
A committee of Grade 9 students have been working to plan their event. The event will begin at 4:00 with our formal class photo being taken by a photographer. Parents are welcome to come in at this time to take some photos.
Following the picture, the Grade 9 students will be heading to the atrium to socialize, enjoy some appetizers, and music. Don’t forget to take some memorable pictures in the photo booth!
Deadline to Register for busing is June 1!
Healthy Hunger Lunches
Don't forget to place your Healthy Hunger Lunch Orders! Next week is Papa John's!
If your child is away and has ordered hot lunch, please email or call the office by 11:00 a.m. to direct your child’s hot lunch. It can be given to a sibling/another student or can be picked up in the office starting at 12pm.
If a student needs to leave early, the office MUST hear from a parent/guardian. Please email or call the office and we will allow the student to sign out & meet you outside (or walk home).
If a student will arrive late, they are to sign in at the office. If we have been informed the student will be late, that will be an excused late. Without hearing from a parent, the student would be marked as unexcused.
If you have any questions, please ask the office.