Speech & Language News
Therapy in November
It's hard to believe, but November is almost here! During the month of November, preschool and kindergarten students will be completing activities around the themes of farm and Thanksgiving. First through sixth graders will be working with the themes of elections, secret agents & detectives, and Thanksgiving. We're looking forward to a great month in the speech room!
Articulation at Home
Here are some ideas for articulation practice:
- Talk about our themes in speech using your best speech sounds.
- Draw a picture of a farm, and use your best speech to describe it
- Create a Thanksgiving dinner menu. How many items on the menu have your sound?
Feel free to contact me at any time!
Language at Home
Here are some ideas for language skill practice:
- Read a book with a helper about Thanksgiving, farms, or detectives. Tell about the characters, setting, and beginning, middle, and end of the story.
- Tell 2-3 items in each of the following categories: farm animals, zoo animals, community helpers, dinner items.
- Tell what you did last year for Thanksgiving and what you will do this year for Thanksgiving, using your best grammar skills and sentences.