Message from Academy of the Canyons' Principal, Dr. Fine
Weeks of 1/30-2/3
I hope that you had a great weekend! Here is the student bulletin. This Friday is a Tues/Thurs schedule.
- February 2nd- DFY presentation at 10:55am for students, UCEN 107
- February 3rd- 7:30am-10am, 9th grade PE testing. Dress in PE Clothes for the morning.
- February 4th- Last day of COC winter term
- February 6th- First day of COC spring term (all students)
- February 16th- COC Cougar Fest- AOC students can join or learn about COC clubs.
- February 17th-No School for AOC Students
- February 20th-President's Holiday
- February 24th- AOC ASB Talent Show
Have a wonderful week!
Dr. Juliet Fine
Principal of AOC
Carla Tuttle, Office Manager/ Registrar- firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures from the Week of 1/22
Alex Patrus, Graduates from UC Berkeley in TWO Years after AOC
We' re so proud of our recent graduate, Alex Patrus who is graduating from UC Berkeley this spring and has already been accepted to graduate school at UCLA. While he has not determined what school he will attend in the fall, he ambitiously looks forward to continuing his path of learning in the sciences and engineering. We're so proud of you, Alex!
Ms. Jess and Mr. Frame Discuss Yale's RULER Program Implementation at AOC
Black History Month Art Show Accepting Submissions
The 2nd Annual Black History Month Art Show is scheduled for February 28.
Zonta Young Women in Public Affairs Award Ages 16-19
Zonta will once again provide the Young Women in Public Affairs Award to a young woman of age 16 to 19, who demonstrates evidence of the following:
- Active commitment to volunteerism.
- Experience in local government, student government, or workplace leadership (paid or unpaid).
- Volunteer leadership achievements.
- Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs.
- Advocating for Zonta International’s mission of advancing the status of women worldwide.
The Zonta Club of SCV, Young Women in Public Affairs will be presenting up to $1,000 awards to each selected award recipient. Recipients of the club award are also eligible to receive a higher award at the Zonta Regional level. Please see the enclosed application.
Our goal is to encourage more young women to participate in public affairs, volunteerism and civic causes. Applications may also be accessed on-line at https://www.scvzonta.org/young-women-in-public-affairs-scholarship/.
The deadline for submittal is February 24, 2023.
For further information, please contact Gloria Mercado-Fortine and/or Mary Ann Dortch
Academy of the Canyons
Location: Academy of the Canyons, Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA, USA