By Jeremy Stoner
The highland breed was originated in the scottish highlands and western isles of scotland.
the mothering breed is the Kyloe.
Interesting Facts About the breed.
- Highland Cattle are related to Yaks.
- Highland Cattle can with stand temps up too -18 without additional feed.
- The longhorns of the highland enable it to protect itself from predators.
- Highland cattle are intelligent and easy to handle
- Highlands Calve easily and are very fertile.
Purpose of the highland
Highland breeds were bred for beef because it is lean well marbled and delicious with little fat on the ends.
Highlands produtcion is located in scotland their native land.