Mill Creek 2nd Grade
Mill Creek Carnival
Saturday, April 30th, 11am-2pm
2601 North Liberty Street
The first part of this week we will be finishing up our short unit on geometric shapes. Students will be practicing using graphing paper as well as becoming more familiar with connected vocabulary, such as quadrilateral. We will then move on to customary measurement and practice measuring with inches, feet, and miles.
General spelling list for April 25 - 29
Please remember to use Spelling City as a great resource. Currently we are on List 29 which can be found at SpellingCity.com/syc2nd (Nuelle) or spellingcity.com/layleebrown/ (Brown)
This is a resource used in the classroom for free games and practice for all students.
Severe Weather Procedures- From Principal Miller
During severe weather, school personnel will be monitoring conditions through local news reports and the National Weather Service. Each school is equipped with radios for scanning the National Weather Service. All schools conduct tornado drills with students at least twice a year to ensure they are aware of procedures.
· Students and staff will move to designated safe places and proceed into the precautionary duck and cover position.
· Please refrain from coming to school to pick up your child during a tornado warning as staff will be keeping students safe and unable to respond to parent requests.
· Students will not be dismissed from school while the area is under a tornado warning.
· Students will be held at school and buses will not be allowed to transport students until the tornado warning has been lifted and the all clear is given.
- Phones may not be answered during a tornado warning, as students and staff will be in the precautionary duck and cover position.
- Parents will be notified via the SchoolMessenger notification system of any changes in transportation, as well as school delays associated with a tornado warning.
- The ISD will share updates via the District website and ISD Facebook and Twitter as soon as information becomes available.
2nd and 3rd grade Music Program
Thursday, May 5th, 6pm
Mill Creek Gymnasium
Students must be here at 5:45.
Please have yoru child wear a RED, YELLOW or BLUE T-SHIRT with no writing on it, and JEANS the night of the performance.
The mill Creek Music Facebook page has links to many of the songs in our program. If you have any questions please contact Amy HArles, our music teacher at email@example.com or 521-5420.