"Launching the Next Generation of Lifetime Learners"
Week at a Glance:
PBIS "Effort" Week!
Staff Appreciation Week
PTA Book Fair
- Intervention Team (3:00)
- PLC Day (in classrooms)
- 2nd Grade Planning
- TIPS Meetings
- Arts Night (6:00), Book Fair (before and after Arts Night) and EOG Training (5:00-5:45)
- Media classes in classroom
- Midterms go home
- No Media classes toady
- Staff Appreciation BBQ lunch (10:30-1:00)
- Make-up Kindergarten Registration
- Cinco De Mayo celebration
- 4th grade media in classrooms, no K-3 Media
- PTA Meeting (8:00)
- 8:15- Special Olympics sendoff
- 1st Grade Field Trip (11:00-2:00)
- PBIS student lunch (11:30)
- Math and Literacy Team (3:00)
- Jeans Day for school beautification
- No media classes
- Kindergarten Mother's Day Tea (7:45)
- 2nd Grade Field Trip (8:45-2:15)
- Daddy/Daughter Dance (6:00-8:00)
- First Fairview Farmer's Market of the Season!
Congratulations to Caitlin Sullivan, our 2016-2017 Teacher of the Year!
Our 4th and 5th grade chorus made FES proud by singing the "Long Leaf Pine," a special song that can only be sung when someone receives the "Order of the Long Leaf Pine" award. Thanks to Mrs. Lewis for making this happen!
News You Can Use:
End of the Year certified checklists will be given out by mid-week next week. Please begin working on your cumulative folders, as there is no extension past June 9 to turn these in completed and checked by a peer.
Mrs. Yutzy and Mrs. Freer would like for everyone to be aware that the annual fixed asset inventory is due May 13. With the book fair in the media center next week, we will be working to finish this inventory. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience or disruption, but we will have to visit classrooms next week during the school day while we try to locate missing items. Please help us by ensuring that all school devices are at school next week. Thanks in advance.
AdvancEd is the system used for school accreditation (used to be called SACS). This upcoming year is the year that BCS will go through the accreditation process, and that will start this coming week with stakeholder surveys. It is crucial that we have a high completion rate on all surveys.
- Staff Surveys: Staff will receive an email with a link to the survey. We need 100% staff participation from our school.
- Parent Surveys: BCS will be sending a phone message Monday evening inviting parents and stakeholders to participate. Please encourage parents in your upcoming communications. We will also have color printed copies of the parent survey. Please bring any completed printed surveys to the front office and please let us know if you need printed copies. We will only print what we need, since we have to use color.
Student surveys: Elementary student surveys will be completed on line. Mrs. Reed will send an email with this link to all teachers and to Mr. Mashburn. 4th and 5th grade should complete these in the classroom. All other grades should complete these during an assigned computer lab time.
Thanks to all of our FES volunteers who spent time teaching computer programming at the STEM Celebration last Saturday!
If you would like to contribute articles or information/celebrations for the Cardinal Flyer, please let Mrs. Reed know. She would appreciate contributions from any staff member!