Acacia Magnet School
“Anything is possible. Anything can be.” – Shel Silverstein
*Please be sure to read our newsletter through as this is where you'll receive important information and updates as our year continues.
Dear Students & Parents,
Can you believe it? It has finally happened. The playground is open. This is the perfect way for us to kick off Inclusive Schools Week. We would like to kick off our Inclusion week by having our students wear their tie-dye shirts. We will have a ribbon cutting ceremony that will begin at 8:15. Please feel free to join us on the blacktop.
We look forward to celebrating Inclusive Schools Week this week. Throughout the week, our students will be participating in activities that emphasize and encourage inclusion. While we regularly practice inclusion at Acacia, we really want to take this week to promote inclusion with our students.
Parents, we are in need of campus supervisors. If you are interested, please reach out to Mr. Carter.
Our book fair is coming up, December 4th-8th. Our book fair will be held in Room 2 and we would love your support. If you are able to volunteer please see our Sign-Up Genius.
News You Can Use!
Dates to Remember! 📆
- *PTA-sponsored Wildlife Student Assembly- RESCHEDULED FOR JANUARY
- December 4-8 - Scholastic Book Fair AND Inclusive Schools Week ✨
- December 6 - School Tours Begin for the 24/25 School Year
- December 7 - TK/Kinder Toy Drive Assembly! 8:30am on the blacktop
- December 7 - Family Reading Night, 5-7pm
- December 11 - ELAC Meeting and Celebration, 6pm in the MPR
- December 13 - Chipotle Restaurant Fundraiser, 4-8pm
- December 25-January 5 - Winter Break (NO SCHOOL)
📚 Our Book Fair is December 4-8th! 📚
🌟 Join Us for Our Family Reading Night! December 7th, 5-7pm 🌟
🧸 "Cubs Who Care" Toy Drive & Assembly - Thursday, December 7th 🎁
Every year our TK and Kindergarten classes host a toy drive assembly, collecting toys and gift cards for several incredible local organizations. If you'd like to donate, please check out suggested gifts below. We appreciate the support! 💚
🌟 We invite you to wear your favorite holiday-themed clothing on 12/7 to show your holiday spirit! 🌟
✨ PTA News!
We have a new, exciting addition to add to our school spirit - a custom, inflatable arch! Look for it at future events, helping us showcase that Cub spirit and pride!
This year students are taking the lead on designing our yearbook pages, so please keep up on taking those photos to share with our yearbook crew - we'll be collecting more of them soon!
Spirit wear orders from our Winter store are expected to arrive the week of December 18th, and will be distributed to classrooms once they arrive.
💚 Help Support our Cub Community through PTA Membership! - Join Today!
Connect With Us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Outreach 🙌
Please join us for our December ELAC meeting and celebration on
December 11th, 6pm in the MPR!
Please join us for our E.S.L. (English as a Second Language) and technology classes will begin on Tuesday, September 26th, from 8:30-10:30am. These classes will be every Tuesday and Thursday, through April. To register, please sign-up HERE.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Outreach Assistant, Belen Quezada, at email@example.com or (805) 5550, ext. 204.
Entrance Gate and Parking Lot Reminders
To alleviate parking lot congestion and to reduce large numbers of students in the same location, we ask that you use grade-level designated gates at drop-off and pick-up. Thank you!
- Specialized Program (SpEd): In front of the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR), teachers and/or paraeducators will meet/walk out with students.
TK - Gate 5
Kindergarten & First Grade: Gate 4
Second-Fifth Grades: Gate 1
*Optional for Fourth-Fifth Grades: Gate 7 (on Dover Avenue)
- Sibling may enter/exit together at the gate that is designated for the youngest student
Parking Lot Reminders:
- Blue accessible parking spaces are only for those with DP placards or license plates
- Please respect our reserved parking spots for office staff; principal, office manager, office assistant, and health clerk.
- Please do not stop in red zones for any reason, even to quickly drop off a student or to run into the office
- Do not exit your vehicle in the parking lot unless you have parked in a designated parking spot
- The yellow zone is for loading and unloading only - we will require you to move your vehicle if you are stationary in a yellow zone without a student leaving or entering your vehicle
- Be attentive for pedestrians and courteous at all times
If you have experienced or observed incidents of harassment, bullying, discrimination or intimidation please consider filling out the form below. Your name will be kept confidential to the extent possible and, if you wish to remain anonymous, you may leave the Name and Email sections blank.