Volume 7, Week 10/3-10/7/16
Goooooood Morning #BroncoStrong faulty and staff. The seventh week of school has been stupendous. Our clubs are up and running and the kids seem to really be enjoying them and it is cool to watch them make connections with their club sponsors. Also, we had our first junior high pep rally which kids loved and were super pumped about!
Don't forget - Monday we work from 12:30-7pm. Mrs. Kolb and I will bring chicken spaghetti pasta and salad. If anyone wants to bring food as well, we will set up the food in room 5. Finally, start planning for our Phone-A-Thon competition. Remember, the winning teacher will win an instructional poster and I will sub for you while you catch up on grades and lesson planning. Now let's make this the best Friday of the week!
There is a HERO in every teacher and every student every student
2. Please make sure kids have lunch tutorial passes if they are attending lunch tutorials after going to lunch.
3. Use the JAR of AWESOME when you get a chance.....it helps publicize the good going on in your room, with your kids and around campus.
4. If you have any 504 paperwork to turn in, please get it to Mrs. Jones as soon as possible.
5. From Mrs. Jones: Please check your calendar invites for 10/10; there have been some changes.
2. Teacher-Parent Conference Day & the BJH Phone-A-Thon
3. FB travels to Bowie on 10/13--games start at 4:30pm.
4. Meeting the Needs of our LEP Kids Training (date to be determined): ALL teachers who teach our ESL kids will need to attend a required training with Mrs. Etzel. Two sessions will be offered.....one before school and one after school. Please make sure you attend one or the other. If you are required to attend, you will receive an invite from Mrs. Etzel.
Tech Time / Instructional Strategies
Engage, assess, and personalize your class! Educators can initiate quizzes, polls, and exit tickets. Socrative will instantly grade, aggregate, and provide graph results to help you identify opportunities for further instruction. iOS, Android, and Windows
Transform your class into a life-changing experience for your students! It will change their world and yours too!
Develop creative lessons that are student centered and capture kids' interests and spark their curiosity. Approach your teaching adventure with passion and develop rapport with your students.
Students can feel and know when you are TRULY present and immersed in the lesson with them. With that said, students can sense when we have checked out mentally and aren't in the moment.
10/13 - Mary Beth Jones
Thanks to Mrs. Boles and Mr. Moses for putting on an awesome JH Pep Rally! You guys are total awesome sauce!
Rebecca M. has turned into a very loving, caring and kind girl. In addition, she is an awesome volleyball player. -Love Mom
Mr. Burchett's pronunciation of "Bronco" is unparalleled!
1. If you haven't updated your GSPD after meeting Mrs. Etzel, please make sure it is done by 10/11.
2. PLEASE pay into our hospitality fund. Instructional Aides pay $10 and teachers pay $20. Please see Miss Sally. Thanks!