The Eagle Newsletter
September 6, 2021
Please click 'view it in your browser' to view the entire newsletter!
Cherry Creek Academy
Vision: Building Our Future of Academic Excellence in a Value Rich Community
Cherry Creek Academy is a Core Knowledge charter school with motivated students and responsible parents working together with exemplary teachers to provide excellent education in an environment that upholds the high expectations and values of leadership, responsibility, respect, loyalty, integrity, humility, diligence and compassion.
The Mounted Patrol Unit of Arapahoe County is Coming to CCA!
We are excited to share that the Mounted Patrol Unit of Arapahoe County will be coming to Cherry Creek Academy on Thursday, September 16, 2021. The Mounted Patrol Unit will be helping us at our crosswalks in the morning from 7:20 am to 8:00 am. If you would like to plan on parking in the neighborhood and walking your child up to school on that day it would be a great opportunity for them to see the Mounted Patrol Unit horses as they help students cross safely at the bottom of the hill or the top of the hill.
The Mounted Patrol Unit started a "Reading to a Horse" program where the horses go to schools and students are able to increase their reading skills by reading out loud to the horses. As part of the program, that Mounted Unit created a book called, "The Happy Police Horse," that the children read. The book emphasizes the importance of reading and education in children's lives.
All of our second grade students have been invited to read to the Mounted Patrol Unit horses and will be going outside from 8:30 am - 9:30 am to read The Happy Police Horse to the horses. Thanks to the Mounted Unit’s generous sponsors, each of our second graders will also get The Happy Police Horse book to keep! This professionally developed book is also available for purchase. All proceeds from sales of the book go to support Back The Blue K9 Force, a 501c3 that supports Law Enforcement service animals. To purchase a book go to click on this link The Happy Police Horse.
Save the Date!
Where: Red Robin, 6795 S Cornerstar Way, Aurora 80016
When: Wednesday, September 15, 2021, from 4 pm - 8 pm
How: Show this flyer below or mention the fundraiser to your server.
Thanks for supporting the Cherry Creek Academy PTO!
Covid-19 Safety Protocols on CCA Website
CCSD and our community health partners continue to offer COVID-19 vaccination clinics to adults and students 12 and older who would like to be vaccinated.
Volunteers Needed for the CCA Carnival!
Calling all CCA parents: We are looking for parents who can be artists for our amazing CCA students. We will provide stencils and face paint. No experience needed.
We just need a few more volunteers for our carnival! Please see attached link below!
The PTO needs awesome parent volunteers! If you're interested in volunteering please sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084EA9A72CA6FF2-2021
If you have questions, please contact the PTO Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No need to RSVP
Please join us on September 17, 2021 from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m. for the CCA PTO's Annual Carnival! Each child in your immediate family will receive a wristband and 10 tickets each, courtesy of your PTO Giving Circle. Tentative ticket values are 1-4 for food and candy, 2-3 for beverages. Adults will not be receiving any tickets.
- Each Carnival participant MUST have a wristband*. Adults DO NOT need a wristband.
- Wristbands grant access to carnival games, cotton candy, popcorn, & inflatables (tentative).
- CCA students, family members and friends are invited to attend. (Additional kids outside immediate CCA families can purchase wristband for $8.50 each)
- Students must be accompanied by an adult the night of the carnival.
- Additional tickets and wristbands will be available for purchase the night of the carnival. Purchases are NON-REFUNDABLE. CASH ONLY please.
*Wristbands will be distributed the night of the carnival
A Message from our PTO
Please join us Friday, September 17, 2021, at 8:05 am. Details to log in can be found on the CCA Master Calendar. We look forward to ideas and input from many members of our community!
Here are some quick links:
Order Your Cherry Creek Academy Yearbook Today!
Box Tops for Education
Parents: Become a Substitute at CCA!
Are you interested in being a Substitute Teacher at Cherry Creek Academy? We are in need of substitutes and can help you become one at our school!
- Do you hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher? If you do you are eligible to apply for a Three Year Substitute Authorization through the Colorado Department of Education. Click here to access the application link.
- If you do not hold a Bachelor’s degree, but you are a High School graduate, you are eligible to apply for a One Year Substitute Authorization through the Colorado Department of Education. Click here to access the application link. to access the application link. Daily Rate: $110/day.
Upon receipt of your initial licensure, and 5 days of working as a substitute at CCA, CCA will reimburse you for the cost of your licensure.
*See our posting for Substitute Teacher below under Now Hiring.
Mathletes at CCA
CCA is excited to host our Mathletes again this academic year. Our goal is to enhance student’s love of Math and inculcate confidence and team spirit in our members.
We will be hosting all meetings ONLINE on Fridays from 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm. Meetings will occur twice a month from September 2021 to March 2022.The calendar for meeting dates will be available on our website.
For more information about Mathletes this year, please click here.
Photography Club at CCA
Photography Club will meet every Tuesday, from 3:30 - 4:45 pm starting September 7, 2021. To register or to learn more, please click here. Please contact Ms. Moon (email@example.com) for more information as well.
Cross Country at CCA
Slavens Invitational is coming up! Here's the information:
Date: Friday, Sept. 10, 2021
Location: Harvard Gulch Park, Denver, CO
Early Dismissal: before 2:45 PM as needed to get your runner(s) to our tent by their call time. It will likely be best to drop your runner off from Logan Street and then go seek parking.
Call Time: 45 minutes prior to the start of your race.
4:05 6th grade girls all 5th grade girls are entered in this race.
4:30 Boys B all boys are entered in this race.
4:55 Girls B all 7th and 8th grade girls are entered in this race.
5:15 AwardsNotes: This is the largest middle school meet in the Denver area. It’s a notable race because it may contain a little mud and four creek crossings in just under 2 miles. Get ready to get wet. Parking is virtually non-existent at Harvard Gulch Park itself; your best bet for parking is on neighborhood side streets. Please take a look at a map of the area and plan ahead.
If you have any questions, please email Mr. Nolen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy running!
Chess Club * Please note updated Start/End Time
Lego Engineering Club K-2
Lego Engineering Club 3-5
Champions at CCA
This year Champions at Cherry Creek Academy is offering after school care for all CCA children. Champions is not offering before school care. Above you can see the hours and pricing for this service. Enroll today at Discoverchampions.com or contact your site director Amanda Bashford at 719-216-6014 or email@example.com.
Bike Path Learning
Lil' Bruins Girls Basketball Tryouts
SkyView Academy High School Showcase
Technology Committee Meeting
Tuesday, Sep. 7th, 7am
This is an online event.
School Accountability Committee Meeting
Tuesday, Sep. 7th, 8am
This is an online event.
Governance Committee Meeting
Friday, Sep. 10th, 10am
This is an online event.
Finance Committee Meeting
Friday, Sep. 10th, 11am
This is an online event.
To Join a Meeting
- Please visit CCA's Master Calendar.
- Click on the event that you would like to attend.
- Click "click here to join the meeting" underneath the description section.
- Alternatively, you can join by phone by dialing the meeting number and entering the meeting pin.
- Please remember to use mute when you are not speaking. This is important and will reduce background noise and other complications.
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Advancing Colorado’s health and protecting the places we live, learn, work and play
Dear parents/guardians of students in Colorado kindergarten – 12th grade schools for the 2021-22 school year:
We know you’re thinking of all the things you need to do to make sure your student is ready for school. Getting vaccinated is an important part of their school readiness and keeps children from catching and spreading diseases that can make them sick. We wish you and your student a healthy school year!
Required and recommended vaccines
- Colorado law requires students who attend a public, private, or parochial kindergarten - 12th grade school to be vaccinated against many of the diseases vaccines can prevent, unless a certificate of exemption is filed. For more information, visit cdphe.colorado.gov/schoolrequiredvaccines. Your student must be vaccinated against:
o Diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap)
o Hepatitis B (HepB)
o Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
o Polio (IPV)
o Varicella (chickenpox)
- Colorado follows recommendations set by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Students entering kindergarten must receive their final doses of DTaP, IPV, MMR and varicella. Students entering 6th grade must receive one dose of Tdap vaccine, even if they are under 11 years of age. You can view recommended vaccine schedules at
- Vaccines are recommended for hepatitis A, influenza, meningococcal disease and human papillomavirus, but are not required.
Exclusion from school
- Your student may be excluded from school if your school does not have an up-to-date vaccine record, certificate of exemption, or in-process plan for your student on file.
- If someone gets sick with a vaccine-preventable disease or there is an outbreak at your student’s school and your student has not received the vaccine for that disease, they may be excluded from school activities. That could mean lost learning time for them and lost work and wages for you. For example, if your student has not received a MMR vaccine, they may be excluded from school for 21 days after someone gets sick with measles.
- You may want to talk to a healthcare provider licensed to give vaccines or your local public health agency about which vaccines your student needs or if you have questions. You can read about the safety and importance of vaccines at SpreadTheVaxFacts.com, ImmunizeForGood.com, and cdphe.colorado.gov/immunization-education.
Paying for vaccinations
- If you need help finding free or low-cost vaccines and providers who give them, go to COVax4Kids.org, contact your local public health agency, or call the state health department’s Family Health Line at 1-303-692-2229 or 1-800-688-7777. You can find your local public health agency at cdphe.colorado.gov/find-your-local-public-health-agency.
- Please take your student’s updated vaccine record to school every time they receive a vaccine.
- Need to find your student’s vaccine record? It may be available from the Colorado Immunization Information System. Visit COVaxRecords.org for more information.
- If your student cannot get vaccines because of medical reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Medical Exemption to your school, signed by a health care provider licensed to give vaccines. You only need to submit this certificate once, unless your student’s information or school changes. You can get the form at cdphe.colorado.gov/vaccine-exemptions.
- If you choose not to have your student vaccinated according to the current recommended schedule because of personal belief or religious reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption to your school.
Nonmedical exemptions must be submitted annually at every new school year (July 1 through June 30th of the following year). There are two ways to file a nonmedical exemption.
○ File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption WITH a signature from an immunizing provider, OR
○ File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption received upon the completion of our online education module.
Downloadable certificates and our online education module are available at
Community Events and News
TAKING RISKS: ON THE ROAD TO RESILIENCE
Fremont Center | 14603 E Fremont Ave, Centennial, CO 80112
9:15 am - 11:00 am
The Parent Connection: CCSD's Newsletter
The Parent Connection is sent to parents and community subscribers twice a month with information about student, school and district achievements, financial information, staff, events, board policy and more.
Please click here to read the latest Parent Connection newsletter from CCSD.