August 16, 2019
Breakfast and Lunch Visitors
* Food from restaurants should not be brought in restaurant packaging. We encourage you to support our cafeteria and eat the food that they prepare.
* You and your child can sit at one of our visitor tables (in the middle of the cafeteria), however other students are not allowed to join you so that you can have this special time with your child.
* Kindergarten and PreK parents should wait until after Labor Day. If your child has a hard time with you leaving, you may need to wait a little longer.
* Adult meal prices are listed in the CNP section. You can pay at check out or deduct your cost from your child's meal account.
* If you come for breakfast or lunch, please check in at the front desk first.
* It is helpful if you can let the teacher know you are coming so that the teacher can include your lunch order in the count for that day. This ensures the cafeteria prepares enough food.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS WITH THESE IMPORTANT DATES!
August 22nd - PTA Board Meeting - 10:00 am (all are welcome to attend)
August 22nd - 3rd Grade Parent Night - 6:00 - 7:15
August 29th - 4th Grade Parent Night - 6:00 - 7:15 pm
September 2nd - Labor Day Holiday - School is closed
September 5th - 5th Grade Parent Night - 6:00 - 7:15 pm
September 9th - Enrichment Parent Meeting - 6:00 pm
HOUSE Spirit Day is FRIDAY, August 23rd! Wear your HOUSE color!!
Attention: Fifth Graders Interested in Serving on Safety Patrol
If your fifth grader is interested in serving either in the morning or afternoon, please click here for more information. Students who serve on Safety Patrol must apply through the link on the flyer.
Greystone Ambassador Applications are due MONDAY at 8:00 am!
If you are interested in applying, click here for complete information. Applications are due by August 19th at 8:00 am.
Child nutrition information
Cafeteria Meal Prices
- Breakfast all grades $1.55
- Elementary Lunch $2.40
- Visitor meal prices
- Breakfast $2.50
- Lunch $4.50
Effective August 1, 2019, PayPAMS fee structure for online depositing into Cafeteria Accounts will change to a fee per family rather than per student. If a parent/guardian is paying for multiple students at once, they will only be charged one convenience fee of $1.95
Free/Reduced Priced Meal Applications
Will be available on the Hoover website by July 29, 2019
Donations are needed!!
Our enrichment teachers and librarian are currently working on an innovative plan, and we need your help! We know that many families clean out garages and closets over the summer. If you come across any of these items that you plan to get rid of, would you consider donating them to our school instead?
Perhaps you have old birthday party decorations that match one of our themes, or perhaps you've decided to clean out that overcrowded bucket of cute stuffed animals. Please see the lists of items below. Your trash could be our treasure!
We will be using one classroom in our school for a quarterly room transformation centered around an animal theme. The classroom teachers will be able to bring their students to this room to do engaging lessons addressing grade level standards. Room transformations prove to increase engagement for students and provide a unique avenue for learning.
We plan to use these resources for years to come as we build a "library" of room transformation kits for our school. We will have 4 large labeled buckets in the foyer of our school if you find any items that will help with our plans. Feel free to bring these to the school or send them with your child. Thank you so much!
Our Greystone Motto
Learn - Lead - Leave a Legacy
Our Greystone Mission
As a school community, we empower learners, inspire leaders, and encourage all children to reach their potential.
Our Greystone Vision
Empowering a generation of learners and leaders to leave a legacy.