Come One, Come All
Welcome to the Greatest School on Earth!
Message from the Principal
Welcome to the fourth year of Frances Meeks Elementary! We have been busy preparing to welcome back our Wildcats for another amazing year. We couldn't have done it without your constant support and partnership... thank you!!
We hope that you have had a fun summer with family and friends. Rest assured that the best year ever is right around the corner! Parents, thank you for sharing your children with us. Caring for your children is our number one priority. We will give our all each day to provide the very best for them!
As a parent, I understand the desire for our children to have a positive experience at school. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time. The FME staff cannot wait to serve your family! Together, there is no doubt that #FMEistheplacetobe!
IMPORTANT... We need your help!
Procedures for 2023-2024
The staff at Frances Meeks is excited to welcome back our students to the 2023-2024 school year. We will host an in-person Open House as we prepare for another successful school year. Please take advantage of this time to familiarize your child with their classroom, teacher, and school building. This will help prepare them for a smooth first day. Please note the following school procedures:
- First Day of School- Students will report to their homeroom class independently on the first day of school. We will continue the same drop-off routine used last year. If you plan to bring your child on the first day of school, please utilize the carline. Thank you for your help in ensuring the traffic to both FME and RHMS flows as smoothly as possible.
- Lunch Guests- We are excited to welcome back lunch guests! We will welcome lunch guests during one designated week per month after Labor Day. Parents/Guardians will be able to choose one day during the week to enjoy lunch with their child. If at all possible, we do ask that siblings not attend as lunch guests. Our first designated week will be September 18-22.
- Considerations for Lunch Guests
- All lunch guests must be on your child's white card.
- We ask for one lunch guest per child per visit due to space limitations.
- Please plan on visiting for lunch just one day of the designated week.
- Ensure you closely look at the schedule for designated weeks. We will only be able to accommodate lunch guests on the scheduled weeks.
- All guests will be required to sign in at the front office and wear a visitor's badge while on campus.
- All visitors will eat with their child at a designated area in the lunchroom. Due to space and safety, only your child will be permitted to eat lunch with you. Your child's friends will not be permitted to join lunch with you.
- No outside food will be permitted during your visit.
- Volunteers- We love our Parent Volunteers! Volunteers are a crucial part of what we do each day, and we will be able to start scheduling volunteers after Labor Day. We will share information regarding volunteer orientations in the near future. An orientation is a required component prior to being able to volunteer at any Bryan County school.
Thank you for partnering with Frances Meeks Elementary as we strive to create a safe, academically-focused learning environment for our students. We look forward to an amazing school year!
Monday, July 31st, 4-6pm
488 Warren Hill Road
Richmond Hill, GA
School Supply List
Pre-K & Kinder Camp
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP PROCEDURES
Morning drop-off is from 7:05-7:40. Students are considered tardy at 7:40 and must be signed in at the front office by a parent.
Afternoon carline begins at 2:40. In the afternoons, we utilize Pik-My-Kid to ensure students are safely and quickly dismissed from school. Your child's teacher will give you specific information needed for Pik-My-Kid. In the meantime, please see the information below on downloading the app on your phone. If your child is attending Pre-K/Kinder Camp, this must be used for dismissal. It's a great way to practice before the real deal!
*Any changes in a student's afternoon dismissal will need to be documented by a signed note sent to your child's teacher.
*If picking up your child early from school, please do so before 2:00. We are unable to dismiss from the front office after this time.
Please reference the video below for helpful tips when dropping off/picking up your child.
Breakfast & Lunch
If you are interested in applying for free or reduced lunch, please complete that process online at https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application.
While educating our Wildcats is important, our first and foremost mission is the safety of our students and staff. We, along with the support and guidance of Bryan County Schools, take a proactive approach to keeping our students safe each day through a comprehensive safety plan, vigilant supervision, and regular safety drills.
As part of the Frances Meeks family, there are a few simple steps you can take to partner with us to ensure student safety:
- Only use our main entrance to access the building unless instructed otherwise (i.e. special events, performances, family nights).
- If volunteering or visiting campus, check-in through the main office and wear the provided identification badge at all times.
- Have transportation tags and identification on hand when picking up your student.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in keeping our students and staff safe!
Easy Ways to Support Our School
My Payments Plus
Communication is Key
Open communication is essential in a successful education for students. Your child's teacher will send home a weekly newsletter each Monday.
Our fall conference window will be in the month of October, and we encourage all parents to sign up for a parent-teacher conference during this time.
We want to help support you and your child, so please reach out if there is anything we can do to help your child be successful at Frances Meeks! Thank you for making FME the place to be!