What's New in C2
Think ~ Innovate ~ Create
A great week at PRS
* Mrs. Lang was named Pike Road Schools principal. Congratulations!
* C2 took our field trip to Wadsworth Christmas Tree farm. We hiked, investigated, cut a tree, rode a North Pole wagon, snacked, and learned so much! Thank you so much to our chaperones who gladly gave of their time to join us on this learning expedition. We now have beautiful juniper trees gracing the C2 learning spaces.
* Monday night, the PTSA hosted the "PRS Express." There were so many fun games and activities. The children (and adults) had a blast! Thank you all for making this such a fun and festive night!
*Wednesday morning, Cross stitch productions came to put on a puppet performance.
*Learners have been counting down the days until Winter Break. Just five short days until we say goodbye until 2016.
C2 in Action
Mr. Curtis helped us cut down our classroom tree!
Comparing and contrasting the sizes of acorns... We were all surprised at the size of one!
We learned how to make origami bows in art this week. Our boys look so handsome!
Measuring the height of our Juniper Tree using sticky cubes.
C2 Puppet Performance
Mark Your Calendar!
Tuesday, Dec. 15: C2 POP (Pursue Our Passions)
Wednesday, Dec. 16: Christmas Luncheon served in the Cafeteria, last day to send in canned foods
Friday, Dec. 18: Class Parties/Last day of school
Tuesday, Jan. 5: Learners return to school
Tuesday, Jan. 12: PTSA Board Meeting
Monday, Jan. 18: No School - MLK, Jr. Holiday
C2 Says Goodbye to 2015
Davis, Housley, Alexander: 10:30-11:15
Steindorff, Waldrop, Franklin: 12:30-1:15
C6 Canned Food Project
A Little Bit About Our Learning
- RI 2.2: Main idea and details of story or passage
- W 2.2: Informative and explanatory writing
- L 2.1: Sentence structure
- L 2.1d: Irregular Verbs
- 2.NBT.7: Addition and subtraction with regrouping to 1000
- 2.NBT.8: Mentally add and subtract 10 and 100 from any number 0-1000
- 2.OA.1: Word Problems (one and two-step with addition/subtraction to 100)
- 2.OA.4: Use addition to find objects in rectangular arrays with up to 5 columns and up to 5 rows. Write an equation to express the total sum of equal addends.
- 2.OA.2: Arrays (addition and multiplication)
- 2.5: Plan and carry out an investigation to determine the growth needs of plants
- 2.6: Design and construct models to simulate how animals disperse seeds or pollinate plants
- 2.7: Obtain information from literature and other media to illustrate that there are many different kinds of living things and that they exist in different places on land and in water
Weekly Wonderings around C2
Things Miss Alexander's learners want to know...
We start to investigate other questions learners asked like:
"How was land formed?"
"Why are there 7 seas?"
"What is the most poisonous bug?"
Ask you learner to discuss some of the questions we have answered so far.
Things Mrs. Davis' learners want to know...
"Why are the beans in the dark growing better than the beans in the sunlight?"
"Who built the castles?"
"Why aren't castles built anymore?"
Ask your child what else they want to know about these topics and more!
Things Mrs. Housley's learners want to know...
Things the "Franklop" learners want to know... (Franklin's and Waldrop's)
"Why do leaves change color?"
"How does a seed grow into a tree?"
"Why do trees have branches?"
"How do trees lose their leaves and grow them back?"
"How does a tree take in carbon dioxide and change it to oxygen?"
"Why do pine trees have pine needles instead of leaves?"
Things Mrs. Steindorff's learners want to know...
Continuing our study of Christmas trees..."What do you do with Christmas trees after Christmas is over?"
"How long will our popcorn on our popcorn garland stay fresh?"
"Will our cinnamon ornaments keep their scent for next Christmas?"
Have You Checked Fresh Grade Lately?
Miss Alexander: email@example.com
Mrs. Franklin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Housley: email@example.com
Mrs. Steindorff: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Waldrop: email@example.com