BAMS Staff Newsletter
January 10, 2016 - Volume 3, Issue 15
Be Awesome Today!!
Bessie Allen Middle School - SLO & Goals
By June of 2016, 80% of students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade will show growth in their opinion writing rubric score from the September 2015 opinion writing rubric score.
- Have Patience and Courage
- Purposefully Use Learning Targets/Lesson Goals for Every Lesson
- Have Solution Based Discussions
- Be an Award Winning School - DPI School of Recognition/PBIS School of Merit
Driving Question for 2015-2016:
What have we changed with our instruction to prepare all our students for higher level thinking opportunities?
News and Notes
- STAR Testing - Our students will be taking the STAR assessment for Reading and Math in the next 10 days. The reading test will be January 13th and the math test will be January 19th.
- School Dance - Our next school dance will be January 15th from 6-8pm in the BA gym. Please consider chaperoning or stopping in to check out the action and to hangout with our students. Good times!
- Attendance Reminder - This is a reminder about the importance of taking timely and accurate attendance. It's important we know where are students are to maintain safety. I will continue to remind us about this through the newsletter and at our staff meetings. We have many things to do each day, reminders can be helpful. :)
- January In-service Plan - As of this moment, the plan is to meet for PD on Jensen and FIRST Instruction from 8-10am, United Healthcare Presentation 10am-12pm, and the rest of the day is staff work time. You'll get more information as we can closer to the 18th; I just wanted to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Please continue to post your lesson goal/learning target for each lesson. This is one of our building goals and a best practice teaching strategy.
Out of the Office
- January 12th - Admin meeting 9-11am, DMR
- January 13th - BCT Team Meeting 8:30-10:00am, Team Room
- January 20th - District EL Meeting 7:45-8:45am, Cafe
- January 25th - Conference at CESA 6 - all day
- February 10-12 - Middle School Principal Convention, All Day, Wisconsin Dells
Oriole Way - Be Ready, Be Respectful, Be Safe
Minor Behavior form link - here
Major Behavior form link - here
Why Do We Discipline? = To Maintain Safety, To Teach, and To Build Relationships
- At out meeting last week, we reflected about the Day of Service and the Day of Celebration. We got great feedback from staff that will be taken into consideration when planning for next year.
- This could be a great time to review your classroom matrix if you have not done that in awhile. We all need reminders. :)
- NEXT Meeting - January 20th, 7am
OASYS and Teacher Effectiveness
To Do List
- Mid-Year SLO/PPG Review - Due TBD - a date will be set at a later time
- Complete Survey Analysis - CONTINUING Educators/Specialists - Due February 15th
- Complete Documentation Log - Due by May 15th
- Make 2 Professional Visits to Another Classroom - Due by End of Year
Click Here for a link to Teacher Effectiveness Info from CESA 6
Click Here for a Teacher Effectiveness Calendar for EDUCATORS/SPECIALISTS
Dates to Remember
January 13 - STAR Reading Testing - during SSR/SSW
January 15 - End of Second Quarter
January 15 - 2nd Quarter Pep Assembly 1:45pm
January 15 - School Dance #2 - 6-8pm, BAMS Gymnasium
January 18 - Writing Samples Scores Due to Adam
January 18 - District Inservice - no students
January 19 - STAR Math Testing - during math classes
January 19 - 2nd Quarter Grades Due 3pm
January 20 - Staff Meeting 2:50-3:30pm
January 20 - Freshman Orientation for our 8th Graders - 6pm, HMPAC
January 22 - 7th Grade Ski Trip
January 25 - School Board Meeting 7pm
January 26 - BAMS Spelling Bee - 1:30pm - Pep Assembly Schedule
January 29 - 8th Grade Ski Trip
*See Google Doc titled "2015-2016 BAMS Yearly Calendar" for a look at events for the entire year.