Hawk's Eye View - Parent Edition
April 26, 2021
Vision, Mission, Core Values, Collective Committments
Mission: As a community, we will ensure all students achieve academic success and develop social skills needed to care, connect, and collaborate throughout their lives.
Teamwork: We achieve more collectively than individually
Integrity: We are honest and ethical
Growth: We believe that everyone can grow academically and socially through perseverance and focus
All Things E.Q. Motto for April 26 - April 30, 2021
Important Upcoming Events
April 26th - Governing Board Meeting
May 4th - Teacher Appreciation Day
May 7th and 14th - Early Release - 1:35 - Data analysis through a Professional Learning Community framework and Staff Development for the SAMR model - educational technology
May 19th - 8th Grade Promotion (streamed live) - 9:30 am (See below for more information)
8th Grade Promotion
In order to maintain social distancing and safe mitigation practices, this in-person promotion ceremony will be limited to students and staff only. In an effort to include families and friends in this celebratory event, live stream viewing will be available during the promotion ceremony. In addition, we will post a recording of the promotion video to the school website after the ceremony.
As in previous years, both a program and certificate will be provided to students. We look forward to celebrating all of the achievements and the success of our 8th grade promotion class this spring. We will communicate the details regarding videos, livestream viewing, the distribution of certificates, programs and promotion ceremony times at a later date.
Important COVID-19 District Communication
April 23, 2021 Parent communication regarding face masks at school
Due to the impending increase in temperatures, we are making one minor adjustment in our face mask policy. The policy still requires all students in grades PK-12 to wear masks while on a DVUSD campus, with the following exceptions:
- PK-6/K-8/7-8 - An individual student or staff member has the option to wear or not wear a face mask during all recess activities and during P.E., when this class occurs outside. Recess activity is defined as lunch recess, the K-5 second recess that is outlined in the master schedule, and scheduled recess time for students participating in before and after school community education programs.
- 9-12 - An individual student or staff member has the option to wear or not wear a face mask during P.E. when this class occurs outside.
These minor adjustments will be effective Monday, April 26, 2021.
AzM2 - Arizona State Academic Testing
Desert Mountain has gone SOCIAL!
We also have a new Facebook page: @BlackHawkStrong - Follow us to meet the Blackhawk teachers and support staff, and to receive important updates!
Please Share the News - Desert Mountain is now accepting new and open enrollment!
Reporting Positive COVID-19 Test Results
Please use the process below for reporting your student's positive COVID test or a close contact:
If a student tests positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, or if a student has come into close contact (within 6 feet for 10 or more minutes), the parent should do the following:
- Keep child at home.
- If child tests positive or has COVID-19 like symptoms and has had close contact with siblings who attend DVUSD schools, then other siblings should stay home as well.
- Complete the Student COVID-19 Information Form at https://url.dvusd.org/COVID19ReportingForm.
- Email the campus nurse and a designated campus administrator informing them of the situation. Specify in the email if the situation involves a positive test, suspected positive test or close contact with someone who has had a positive test or suspected positive test. Include in the email: Name, student ID number, date of test and date that symptoms began.
- Complete regular student absence procedures for notifying school of student absence.
- If a parent has any questions, the parent can email COVID19concerns@dvusd.org and/or the campus nurse.
- A district or campus based representative will follow up with the parent regarding the received report and continue contact tracing data collection.