Over the Hump...
...midweek reminders to finish your week strong!
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2023
Missional Community Spotlight
Join Us @ The Ekklesia
KidzMin Christmas Program: Cookie Contest
Christmas Cookie Contest
We are adding a splash of fun to the KidzMin Christmas Program this year by combining the "reception to follow" with our Christmas Cookie Contest. We'll have cookies and beverages after the musical and we want to highlight YOUR favorite holiday cookies - and there will be prizes, y'all!!!!
PLEASE DONATE COOKIES! We need everyone bringing cookies to use this signup so we'll know that we have enough for everyone. If you would prefer not to participate in the contest portion, just specify that in your signup.
Click Here to Register!
Parents: How will you impact your children's lives for the Kingdom of God this week? Keep the momentum going by clicking the image above to view lessons and resources from KidzMin classes your children attended this past Sunday.
4's and 5's Curriculum Update
Attention Parents!! Welcome to Bible Adventure!
Our 4's & 5's Class will now be focused on this wonderful, bible rich curriculum. There are tons of resources for you to support your little disciple(s) throughout the week. From YouTube videos to Kids App with activities, and physical paper bibles, there a variety of great options to choose from.
MIDWEEK: Around the Table @HOME
MidWeek: Around the Table @HOME on Wednesday, November 29th:
Prepare a simple meal for your guests, have everyone bring something, prepare a meal together, or just enjoy some snacks or dessert together. Spend time getting to know one another, building deeper connections, and introducing friends that haven't met to one another.
Center Your Table Conversations on These Things:
* Our God is a Speaking God. How has God been speaking to you, in you, or through you this week?
* Our God is a Saving God. How has salvation restored and fulfilled you this week?
* Our God is a Satisfying God. How have you been satisfied by God or in God this week?
* Our God made us to ENJOY all of these wonderful things about HIM...TOGETHER.
* We, the church, are collectively called His Bride, His Flock, His Body, His Family of Adopted Children, Living Stones in His Temple. All of His references to us are collective, never individual. Why do you think that is? We may have been saved individually, but we live out our Christian lives collectively.
* The local church is a household built around a table—the Lord’s Table, where we come to commune around the bread and wine, a meal with our God. God made dinner tables to have a certain gravity to them, a certain weight. When we share a meal together, we’re each being built up by the same food, each becoming bodies made of the same stuff. The church is made of many tables, and we are convinced that those tables have gravity, too, and that gravity should pull others into its orbit.
* So one of the biggest—yet simplest—means through which we aim to foster family ONENESS as a church is through INTENTIONAL table fellowship. We model it often at church through The Lord's Supper and Breakfasts, MidWeek Family Meals, Ladies' Luncheons, etc.
How Can We Pray for You and Yours?
CLICK HERE to post and read C2 Family Prayers and Praises.
Do you have a prayer request or a praise to share? How can we pray for you, your family, and/or friends?
- Our God is a Speaking God. How has God been speaking to you, in you, or through you this week?
- Our God is a Saving God. How has salvation restored and fulfilled you this week?
- Our God is a Satisfying God. How have you been satisfied by God or in God this week?
Our God made us to ENJOY all of these wonderful things about HIM...TOGETHER. Please share with your church family by CLICKING HERE.
Weekly Giving Report
Online Resources Spotlight: RightNow Media App
The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry
We are all busy. Some of us can't remember the last time we rested or even had free time. Our busyness can feel productive but it is a toxic distraction, sapping our spiritual, physical, and emotional vitality. It may seem like we have no choice but to live at a frantic pace, but God has a better path for us.
Join pastor and author John Mark Comer in this five-part series as he addresses one of the greatest threats to our spiritual lives: hurry. Instead of allowing our calendars and screens to control our lives, Jesus offers us a new rhythm of life, overflowing with grace, peace, and beauty.
To get your FREE subscription to the RightNow Media App, click here today!
To access this study, click here.
Click the image below to get to know our Global Partners around the world.
Global Partner Spotlight
Roger and Tammy Akers: Missionaries to the Philippines
Click Here to review their latest update.
- Their personal health-spiritual, emotional, physical and financial
- Their ability to help those they serve with cultural adjustments and the loneliness of being separated from immediate and close family by continents
- That they would have compassion for others
- For the management of their time and ministry
- That C2 would both personally and corporately be a blessing and encouragement to them- financially, prayerfully, and physically thru correspondence and support
How Can You Pray for Our Other Global Partners?
Have you visited our page with all of the latest updates from our Global Partners who GO and SERVE on behalf of you and your family, taking the Gospel around the world as an extension of Crossroads Church so that others may hear...AND live?
Have you talked to your children about our Global Partners and encouraged them to pray for them in your family prayer time? Click the image to our Missions page or click here.
Refuge KC Opportunities
Click Here For Our Most Recent RKC Volunteer Updates for current opportunities to leverage who we are and what we've been given to reach our city with gospel-centered ministries of mercy so they might come to know, love and follow Jesus into His Kingdom --SOMHAL (so others may hear...AND live!)
RKC MONTHLY FELLOWSHIP. Fellowship is January 11th @6pm! Read more about it and be sure to SIGN UP HERE!
NARROW THE GAP FUNDRAISING DINNER. Join us for an unforgettable evening at our first-ever, Narrow the Gap - Refuge KC Fundraising Dinner! This event will be held at Pleasant Valley Baptist Church located in Liberty, Missouri on Friday, December 1, 2023. Mark your calendars and join us for a night of delicious food, inspiring stories, a silent auction, and more! Get your tickets at the link below to reserve your seat. Click Here to learn more or sign up.
SATURDAY ELL. We continue to need volunteer support for our Saturday ELL classes! You can SIGN UP HERE.
PRAY WITH US EVERY WEDNESDAY
- 7:00 am via Zoom using meeting code: 890 1194 5314 and/or
- 9:45 am in person @ Eleos Coffee House - 3401 Independence Ave, lower level
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT DATES THAT ARE COMING UP!
- Wednesday, November 29th: MidWeek: Around the Table @HOME @5-8pm
- Friday, December 1st: MOPS @10am
- Sunday, December 3rd: Crossroads University Track @ 9:30am
- Sunday, December 3rd: Christmas Cookie Contest @6-8pm
- Sunday, December 3rd: Kidz Christmas Musical @ 6pm
- Wednesday, December 6th: MidWeek: Prayer and Worship Gathering @6:30-8pm
- Sunday, December 24th: 10:30AM Service ONLY
- Sunday, December 31st: 10:30AM Service ONLY
- Friday thru Sunday, March 8th-10th: 2024 Men's Warrior Weekend at Jabez Retreat Center
- Monday thru Friday, August 5th-9th: 2024 CSM Middle/High School Camp in Eagle Rock, AR.
- Friday thru Sunday, October 11th-13th: 2024 Women's Retreat at Jabez Retreat Center
CHECK OUT FRIDAY'S "C2 ESSENTIALS"
Sunday Fellowship Luncheons
Sunday Fellowship Lunches will happen once a month in the church kitchen on Sunday afternoons right after the service. You will be cooking and sharing a meal with 5 or 6 families.
If you are interested in participating in one of these, please sign up! You will be contacted with more details about dates and food when a lunch group is created.
This sign-up is meant to generate a list of people interested in this opportunity. Since we will only be doing this once a month, it may take a couple months before you're contacted. Thank you for your patience.
Stay Connected to C2
Our Website: https://direction4living.com
General Email: email@example.com
Location and Mailing Address: 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
Darryl & Sharon Jones - Elder
- Darryl - 816-694-7621 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Here to schedule an appointment with Darryl
- Sharon - 816-694-7622 / email@example.com
Daniel & Krysten Ballard - Elder
- Daniel - 816-517-4252 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Krysten - 816-809-1128 / email@example.com
Michael & Summer Hicks / Elder
- Michael - 816-298-3032 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer - 816-572-1264 / email@example.com
Dennis Frelick - Pastoral Intern
- 303-656-3547 / firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to contact one of our staff members, PLEASE USE THEIR MOBILE NUMBERS, WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABOVE. You'll also find this information in the front of your Crossroads Connections notebook and near the bottom of the HOME tab in Church Center. These numbers are not to be given out to the public but are available for your personal use.
- Darryl is a full-time Elder of the church and serves as the primary Teaching Pastor and Counselor. As ministry happens everywhere, he is not always in the office at The Big House but can be reached by text or phone. Darryl and Sharon live here in The Big House and try to be very accessible to the church family. However, they do try to protect Friday each week as a day of restorative rest and time together. Darryl tries to “unplug” electronically on Fridays but can be contacted through Sharon in case of emergency.
Click Here to schedule an appointment with Darryl.
- Daniel is a full-time Elder of the church and serves as our primary Student Pastor, Worship Leader, and administrator of most of our Ministry Teams. As ministry happens everywhere, Daniel is not always in the office at The Big House but can be reached by text or phone. Daniel also takes Friday off but is, of course, available in case of emergency.
- Michael Hicks is a lay Elder and serves as the primary Pastor to our Missional Communities and Discipleship. Michael does not keep office hours here at The Big House but can be reached by text or phone. He is self-employed and owns his own growing company, East Side Electric, LLC.
- Dennis Frelick is a part-time Pastoral Intern and serves as Darryl's assistant. He works from home and the office here at The Big House and can also be reached by text or phone.
- Everyone else who serves our church does so on a volunteer basis—neither receiving compensation nor keeping office hours.
All of that to say - we are here to serve you, but “here” is always relative. Text, email, and phone are our friends. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you can’t find us at The Big House.
DOWNLOAD CHURCH CENTER TODAY!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones above this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos to connect a face with a name
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
Click Here to Download and Install Church Center your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by CLICKING HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.