First Grade's November Newsletter
Students will learn to tell and write time to the hour. Students will compare numbers and use what they know about place value to do so. We will continue to work with addition and subtraction problems.
We will continue to identify the main topic and supporting details in our books. Students will answer and ask lots of questions within a text. Students will be able to compare and contrast stories as well.
We are finishing our Sun, Moon and Shadows unit and will move into our first social studies unit. Students will learn about the importance of families and what makes holidays special.
Nov. 1st- Reading Calendars due
Nov. 5th- Half day of School
Nov. 9th- 6:00 p.m. PTA meeting
Nov. 12th- No School (Parent Conferences)
Nov. 16th- Picture Make-up Day
Nov. 24th-26th- No School (Thanksgiving Break)
Reminders and Important Information:
- As the weather starts to change, please make sure your child has on appropriate jacket daily.
- If possible, please send your child with a labeled water bottle daily to use throughout the day.
- For students who are quarantine, your packet and iPad's will be available by the end of the following day in the office for pick up.
- Reading calendars are due at the end of every month (Wed. Dec. 1st). For students who have read/worked on heart words/or practiced what the teacher has assigned to them for 15 minutes for 15 days will receive a reward.
- Please make sure that students leave all toys at home.