This Week at Heritage High
September 26 - October 1, 2022
- JV Football at HOME vs. Sonoraville at 5:30
Tuesday, September 27
- Volleyball at HOME vs. Central/NW at 5:00/7:00 *FREE STUDENT ADMISSION
- Sophomore Social during lunch ($3)
- Softball at Cedartown at 5:30
- Greenhouse open from 3:00-4:30 pm
Wednesday, September 28
- "See You at the Pole" FCA Event at main entrance from 7:00-7:40 am
Thursday, September 29
- Progress Report Emails
- Volleyball Senior Night at HOME vs. Oakwood/CSLA at 5:00/7:00
- Beta Club Induction Ceremony in the theater at 7:00 pm
- Softball at HOME vs. Cedartown at 5:30
- Cross Country at Lafayette (JV at 4:45, Varsity Girls 5:30, Varsity Boys 6:10)
Friday, September 30
- Progress Report Emails
- Football at SE Whitfield at 7:30
- Late deadline to register for October 22nd ACT
Saturday, October 1
- Cheer Competition at Stars Mill High
- Volleyball at HOME
- Band Competition at Sand Mtn. Invitational
- Dance Team Performance at Lake Winnie
- Saturday School
- Greenhouse open from 9:00 am to noon
- Fall Picture Re-takes Oct. 4th
- Fall Break is Oct. 10-14
- PSAT is Oct. 25th
- Blood Drive is Nov. 1st
Emperor Candidates Raise Over $21,000 for Children's Fund
This year, Jedd Johnson was crowned Emperor of the the Taj and the candidates raised over $21,000 for the Catoosa County Children's Fund in one week! Thank you to the candidates, sponsors, family and friends for contributing to this cause to help children in need in our community!
Jedd Johnson, 2022 Emperor of the Taj
Band Received Perfect Score, Drum Majors & Colorguard 1st in Class at NE Alabama Competition
Preparing for the ACT
Dr. Shipley also offers Crash Courses during W.I.N. Time (1st half of lunch) before each ACT test date. Here are some real results from HHS students this school year!
-A senior raised his score from 21 in July to 26 in September and now qualifies for free in state tuition to UTC.
-A senior raised his score from a 27 to a 29 by using ACT prep strategies he learned in Mrs. Tollett's AP English class.
-Another senior attended all of the Crash Course sessions during W.I.N. time and raised his score from 28 in July to 30 in September.
-A senior attended most of the W.I.N. sessions and worked through the online program. She raised her score from 21 to a 23.
ACT Test Dates
Register for the ACT
PSAT is October 25th
The purpose of the PSAT is to give students an idea of their current level of preparation for college and college entrance exams.
Click here for more information about what is on the PSAT.
Student guides are available for free in the school counseling office or click here for the electronic version. For more information, contact Deston Franks in the school counseling office.
Fall Plant Sale Saturday, October 1 from 9:00 am to noon
Bedding Flats of Pansies, Violas, and Snapdragons - individual 6 packs: $3.50, full flats: $20.00
Individual pots of Ornamental Cabbage and Kale, $5.00 each
Limited supply of mums in 8 inch ($8.00 each) and 12 inch pots ($16.00 each) in yellow, bronze, purple, red and white
Information for Parents
- Parents are welcome at all school assemblies (pep rallies, student/faculty games, theatrical presentations, etc.). Please be sure to sign in at the main office during school hours.
- Parents are welcome during lunch. Parents, or other individuals on the student contact list, may drop off food for students during lunch. We do not accept food delivers for students from anyone else (friends, Door Dash, pizza delivery, etc.) during the school day.
- Check out by Email: Parents may check student drivers out by email for excused reasons (doctor's appointments, dentist appointments, or other excused reasons listed on page 42 of the student handbook). Please email attendance secretary Cathy Nix at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will not be allowed to check out remotely for unexcused reasons (page 41 of student handbook).