It's Not Good!
Malware is any malicious software. In regular english that means that its bad for your computer. There are so many types of malware it would take days to name them all but here are the 3 main types:
- Viruses - A type of software that needs to be on your computer to spread
- Trojan Horses - A type of software that pretends to be good and then creates chaos when opened
- Spyware - A type of software that "spies" on all of the personal info on your computer
The people who make and code malware may be 40 years old and living their parent's basement but they know what they are doing. They will do anything in their power to make sure that their virus or trojan horse gets on your computer. They make ads that seem innocent and good but as soon as you click on them your computer has been invaded. Watch out for these tell tale signs:
- Too good to be true - If it seems too great to be real it mostly likely is. Stay away!
- Seems suspicious- If you are suspicious at all don't click on it or explore deeper.
How to Avoid
There are a few ways to avoid malware. These include:
- Be smart when surfing the web
- Get AntiVirus Software
- Get an email spam filter