Tiger Choir Chronicles
Travis Tiger Choir Weekly Updates
October 23 - October 27
News for Everyone
Fall Concert Information
What: Fall Concert
Where: THS Auditorium
When: Tuesday, October 24th
Time: Concert starts at 7 pm. Student call time is 6:00 pm (this is different than the calendar)
Uniform: Formal Tuxes and Dress. ALL students wearing tuxedos MUST provide their own white, long-sleeve, button-down dress shirt and black dress shoes. Black sneakers or tennis shoes are NOT acceptable. Students should also have solid black socks that cover the ankle. Students who have fully paid their choir fee should be bringing home the tuxedo pants and jackets this week if they haven't already. I will be handing out the ties at the concert. Students wearing dresses should be sure they have a pair of black dress shoes to wear.
This concert is two major grades and the students have been DILIGENTLY working and making wonderful progress in their preparations. Please invite your family and friends to come hear our talented students share their skills, talents, and songs!
Fall Concert Set-Up
Upcoming Fall Fundraiser!
The purpose of this fundraiser is to build our booster club's account. The Booster Club's goal is to support both our choir students as well as the program itself. Several of the specific things we are fundraising for are:
- Student Scholarships to All-State Camps next summer
- Choir Fee assistance
- Financial assistance for field trip tickets (Specifically our upcoming trip to see Cinderella downtown on December 7th)
- Bus costs for field trips
- Uniform purchases and replacements
- Sponsorship of social parties and events for choir students
- Instrumentalists for concerts
This past week we got students set up in the Raise 365 app and began important contact information for potential donors. Please continue to assist your child in gathering and inputting contact information. The more, the better! We are looking to gather as many small donations of $5-$20 as possible, not large gifts (though they are welcome!). Incentives and prizes will be announced Wednesday at our kick-off!
If you are able to donate any of the following items, please send them to school with your child at your earliest convenience:
- Snack packs of chips, cookies
- Cases of water
- Rolls of paper towel or packs of napkins
- Bags of candy (to be used as prizes)
- Packs of plastic forks
- 9" styrofoam pumpkins (like this one at Michael's)
- Spooky photo booth props
- Plastic grocery bags (for students to take home prize candy)
This will be a FUN event that all CHOIR students are welcome to attend. Unfortunately, we are unable to accomodate siblings and/or friends at this event.
If you are willing to chaperone, we need 4-5 parents to help run the game stations and serve food. Please contact Mr. Miner if you are able to help.
THANK YOU to our generous Tiger Choir Sponsors!
Support THS Tiger Choir
- Help by purchasing needed items from our Amazon Wishlist posted on the choir website . Each of the items on the list will help us stay organized and support students in their choir success while allowing us to use the budget funds to purchase large items, music, and other supplies.
- Become a Choir Sponsor! If you or your business would be interested in becoming a choir sponsor, please email Mr. Miner for more information and how to donate! Our various donation levels are available to view here. No gift is too large or too small and goes directly to supporting the students of the THS Tiger Choir program!
What Did We Do Last Week?
Upcoming Schoology Assignments
Schoology lessons over the next 9 weeks will focus on music literacy and teaching students how to read music and identify note names on the different clefs. Each week will cover a specific set of notes beginning with the treble clef lines.
- Week 2: Treble Clef Lines
Events this Week
- Tuesday, October 24: Fall Concert (7:00 pm, Call time 6:00 pm)
- Wednesday, October 25: Fall Fundraiser Kick-Off (During classes)
October 30: Fall Festival Social
November 3: Region Clinic (for Pre-Area Students)
November 4: Region Clinic/Concert (all Region choir students)
If you don't use Google Calendar, check out the choir website often where events are regularly posted and updated.
Choir Fees Past Due
Graduation for Travis has been announced to take place on Thursday, May 23rd at 7:30 pm at the new Fort Bend Epicenter. This is a required performance for all Chorale students so please be sure to mark your calendars now. Transportation will be provided for students.