Partee General News
Partee ES Parent Newsletter May 2023
5/8-5/12 Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
5/12 Field Day
5/13 Cluster Kindergarten Registration Event @ Shiloh High School 9am-1pm (see flyer below)
5/18 Kindergarten Award's Day
5/19 5th grade Award's Day
5/19 1st-4th grade Award's Day
5/22 5th grade Celebration Activities
5/23 Pre-K Water Day
5/23 Classroom Parties 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
5/24 Last Day of School
Field Day - 5/12
- K-2nd grade: 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- 3rd-5th grade: 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Field Day T-Shirts
- Field Day T-shirts will be sent home Thursday, May 11th.
- We have a few extra shirts available for $10. Monies can be brought to the front office.
- Please make sure that your student wears appropriate shoes for Field Day. Examples of shoes that are unsafe are: Crocks, Sandals, Flip Flops, etc.
Upcoming Events and Dates
May 12th - Field Day
- K-2nd grade 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- 3rd -5th grade 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
May 18th - Kindergarten Award's Day
- Time - 9:15 am -10:30 am Haynes, Norton, and Barber
- Time - 10:45 am - 12:00 pm Luscap, Wood, and Carlos
- Location - Partee Gym
May 19th - Award's Day 1st-4th grade
- Location: Partee Gym
- 9:15 am -10:30 am 3rd & 4th grade
- 10:45 am -12:00 pm 1st & 2nd grade
May 19th - 5th grade Award's Day
- Location: Shiloh Middle School
- 6:00 pm -7:30 pm
- Attire: Girls – Dress/ skirt/pants and blouse. Skirts should be longer than finger length with hands at side. No spaghetti straps, tennis shoes, flip flops, shorts or jeans. Colors are Black and White
- Boys – Shirts with collars, ties if available, golf shirts acceptable, slacks. Dress “casual” shoes. No tennis shoes, shorts or jeans. Colors are Black and White
May 22nd - Activities
- 5th grade Celebration Activities
May 23rd - Activities
- Pre-K Water Day 9:00am-11:30 am
- Classroom Parties 12:00pm -2:00pm
- Last Day of School
Virtual Career Day was a success. Thank you to all the parents who showcased their careers to our students: Mr. Melvin Todd, Dr. Tamika Bryant, and Mrs. Kimberly Schoates. See you next year!
Attendance/Tardy-Send a doctor's note if your child went to the doctor. If they are tardy or out sick, please include a note from the parent.
Partee's School Counselor
We are approaching the end of the school year, which means it's about to be medication pick up time. Just a few reminders for students with medicine in the school clinic.
- It is a GCPS policy that "Students are not allowed to transport medication." Therefore, we need parents to stop by the clinic and pick up any medication by Wednesday, May 24th by 4:00pm.
- Medications not picked up will be disposed of on May 25th, 2023, by 12:00pm. Please bring a government issued I.D. Please make arrangements for your student's medication to be picked up.
- Reminder letters will be sent home with your student on Monday, May 8th.
- Please return no later than Friday, May 12th to the Clinic. Thank you for your attention in this matter.
Also, feel free to donate any of the following items to the Clinic: band-aids, alcohol swabs, baby wipes (unscented), zip-lock bags sandwich and quart size, tissue, and boy's pants sizes 6-10 .
Thank you in advance,Ashley VanHolten
Rising Kindergarten and New Student Registration
Please refer to the Partee website for directions on completing the online registration process.
Shiloh Cluster Kindergarten Registration Carnival Event - Rising Kindergarteners
As the school year comes to a close, reading should amp up! Be sure to register for the Summer Reading Program at the Centerville Branch to earn cool prizes and free books for reading throughout the summer.
Library Events this Month:
May 4th - The last day to checkout books from the school's library.
May 12th - The Book Mobile visits Partee for PreK, Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grades.
May 18th - Meet Me @ the Centerville Library from 4pm to 5pm to register for the Summer Reading Program
We would like to welcome our new Partee PTA Executive Board for the 2023-2024 school year!
Dr. Tamika Bryant - President
Ms. Traci Dunlap - Vice President
Ms. Natasha Nelson - Vice President
Ms. Kaira Stewart - Vice President
Ms. Jones-Willis - Vice President
Ms. Stephanie Livingston - Treasurer
Ms. Fabienne Desrameaux - Secretary
Ms. Tina Spears - Secretary
We are extremely excited about having a full board again for next year!
Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas! Reach out to us at email@example.com. Keep up with us on our website, our store, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Band
Family Engagement Center
Please feel free to reach out to me about opportunities to volunteer at Partee.
Ms. Deborah Bridges
Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
Parent Outreach Liaison
Partee Elementary School