Jaguar Band Newsletter
Your Place for JHS Jaguar Band News
August 9, 2020
A Message from Mr. Lucita
SLT Instructional Videos
What Should I Do Today to Get Ready?
Tips for Band Camp Survival
Band Booster Membership and Committees
Formulario de Membresia e Interés del Comité
Remind 101 for 2020 - 21
VIPS REQUIRED District Volunteer Program
Sync Your Calendar
A MESSAGE FROM MR. LUCITA
Well, the time has arrived! We want to welcome all of our incoming freshmen, any students new to Johnson and our returning Jag Band members to the 2020 Johnson HS Summer Band. We can’t wait to see you throughout the week. In addition to our new students, we also have a few new faces on staff this year. We have added Mr. Malik as our newest Band Director and Mr. Landy Roberson as a new Color Guard instructor. Mr. Lucita, Mr. Lunsford and Mr. Duffy are excited to continue to build an incredible staff and bring them on board. We will also welcome some new faces to our tech team! Introductions of those individuals will happen over the next few days!
As we prepare for this week, there are just a few things we need you to address. Hydration!!!! Hydration starts now and not after you are on the band field! Everyone needs to hydrate the night before in addition to throughout the rehearsal. Please re-read the summer band letter and make sure you are bringing and wearing the correct clothing and supplies. And, lastly, keep this this in mind at all times: “Masks + 6ft”. This is required at all times!
Remember, on your on-line days, you will have a morning review with your section leader, and at 10 a.m. you will have a masterclass. We will talk to everyone at your first in-person rehearsal about what a masterclass will look like and who your instructor will be! If you have not received a link from your master class instructor, you will soon!
Also, when you arrive on your first in-person day of Summer Band you will receive a packet of sheet music for your flip folder. It will need to be put in your flip folder immediately as you will need this for any and all music rehearsals.
Remember, you must complete the heath screening form prior to your arrival on campus and have your temperature taken once you arrive!
Lastly, we hope you enjoy the short instructional videos prepared by your SLT! They will be released throughout summer band! Let’s make this a great week and can’t wait to see you!
See you tomorrow!
What Should I Do TONIGHT to Get Ready?
1. Bookmark on your phone (or, your student's phone) the Jaguar Band Daily COVID Screening Protocol form. DO NOT submit this form tonight. It MUST be submitted EVERY MORNING your student comes on campus for Summer Band by 7:45 a.m.
2. Make sure your student has all the gear they need for this week and that everything is labeled--especially their water jug full and ready to go. Remember, hydration starts tonight!
- Directors included the list of items needed in the letter emailed on Tuesday, Aug. 4th.
3. You must LABEL masks, bell covers and jugs! Anything left at the band hall without a name will be thrown away out of an abundance of caution.
- If you were unable to pick up your jug, mask/bell covers today, those will be available for pickup on your student's first day of summer band AFTER they have cleared check-in. Jugs will be pre-filled by parent volunteers.
3. Plan to arrive early tomorrow morning, and be prepared to wait until your student has cleared the check-in process. You will not be able to drop them off and go until they are cleared. Thanks in advance for your patience.
4. Sign up to help with Summer Band! Please help the Jaguar Band have a safe and efficient summer band experience! Sign up to assist with summer band set up, check-in, staffing the Band Aids tent, or helping sanitize and break down the tent. https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/10c0d4da5ad2eaaffc61-summer/85925063
5. Students and Parents: Make sure to read the Johnson Band COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures linked below!
COVID-19 UPDATES: IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE TOMORROW!
Make sure you and your student(s) read the Johnson Band COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures so that you know what to expect for tomorrow and future summer band practices! The letter from the directors includes procedures for drop-off, check-in, pick up, and other safety protocols! Follow this map for drop-off.
FACE MASKS: Please remember that ALL students will receive 1 mask at this time. Production of the specialized masks to be used while playing is taking longer than expected. Those will be delivered and distributed as soon as they are received. In the meanwhile, students will have to pull masks down in order to play. All students who do not play a wind instrument will receive an additional mask at that time as well. In the end, each student will receive 2 Jaguar Band face masks. These face masks are CDC compliant.
TIPS FOR BAND CAMP SURVIVAL
BAND BOOSTER REFUNDS
This year's socially-distanced Jaguar Jog will be September 19 at 8am! Click here to register or volunteer.
BAND BOOSTER MEMBERSHIP AND COMMITTEES
How can you help?
FORMULARIO DE MEMBRESIA E INTERES DEL COMITÉ
¿Cómo puedes ayudar?
Log in at: https://www.charmsoffice.com/ the school code is: JohnsonJaguarBand
After logging in, click RETURNING students. The password is your child’s Hays CISD Student ID#. It will ask you to create a new password at that point. Please feel free to use a password of your choice.
Find helpful documents regarding Charms on our website: https://www.johnsonbands.com/documents
Visit our website to find the correct Remind 101 codes for you and your student.
Text that code to 81010, and you're ready to go!
VIPS REQUIRED DISTRICT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Questions or feedback?
Contact Juliette Kroeger
SYNC YOUR CALENDAR TO CHARMS!
Visit the Johnson Band Website (www.johnsonbands.com) and click on the Calendar tab at the top for instructions.