UES Back To School Information
Welcome Back Information 2023-2024
We are excited for an Undeniably Excellent 2023-2024 School Year!
We are excited to welcome our Undeniably Excellent Students back to the UES! We hope this Welcome Back update will provide you with important information and details to help you and your child gear up for an excellent 2023-2024 school year!
UES Important Dates:
- August 24 - Student Schedules will go live in Genesis Parent Portal after 3:00 PM
- August 29 & 30 - UES Student Chromebook Pick Up at MHS
- August 31 - Grade 4 Home and School Ice Cream Social 2:00 to 3:00 PM
- September 7 - First Day of School for ALL Students
- September 8 - UES School Spirit Day - Wear your UES Gear!
- September 12 - Grades 4 & 5 Back to School Night - 6:30 PM
- September 13 - Grades 6 Back to School Night - 6:30 PM
- September 15 - UES Home and School Meeting - 9:30 AM
- September 19 - BOE Meeting - 7:00 PM
- September 25 - Schools Closed for Yom Kippur
- September 28 & 29 - UES MAP Testing - All Students
- October 2 & 3 - UES School Picture Day
- October 9 - School Closed for Staff In-Service
- October 13 - UES Home and School Meeting - 9:30 AM
Student Schedules and Teacher Assignments - Coming Soon!
Is your son or daughter eager to know his or her teacher(s) for this year? The wait will be over soon! The parent portal of Genesis will be open after 3:00 PM on Wednesday, August 24. Our UES counselors will be available to answer scheduling questions beginning Tuesday, August 29. The counselors' contact information is as follows:
Grade 4 - Welcome to the UES - Ice Cream Social!
UES Student Chromebook Pick-Up - August 29 and 30
Tuesday, 8/29/23, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday, 8/30/23, 7:30 AM-3:30 PM
- Pick-up will be at the MHS Media Center (N. Stanwick Road side of the building). Cars should enter at 803 N. Stanwick Road and follow the signs to the Media Center parking lot.
- All Grade 4 students and students NEW to the District should also pick up a laptop bag.
- All Grade 5 & 6 Students should bring their laptop bags with them. All Grade 5 and 6 Students will use the bag issued to them previously.
Additional Details regarding Chromebook pick-up will be sent out by our IT Department.
UES Bus Information
All bus transportation information will be available in Genesis after 3:00 PM on August 24.
Please note the following about bus transportation:
- Students should be at the bus stop 10 minutes before the assigned pick-up time and wait 10 minutes past the assigned pick-up time.
- Students will be assigned seats on the bus.
- All UES students will be assigned a bus number that reads UES-#. (i.e. UES-22)
- Bus numbers will be located on a sign in the bus window and may not coordinate with the number printed on the bus. Please remind your child to look for the sign in the window.
- Bus numbers may change up until the first day of school. Please be sure to check your child's bus assignment in Genesis.
If you have questions regarding your child's bus assignment, bus stop, or bus schedule, contact the Transportation Department (856-778-6610 ext. 12271).
Student Drop-off & Pick-up
We recognize that some families will transport students by car.
Please note the following:
AM Drop Off:
- Morning drop-off is at the BACK of the building. Students may enter the building beginning at 7:50 AM.
- School starts promptly at 8:00 AM! Students are expected to be in homeroom by 8:00 AM.
- Students who are dropped off in the BACK will enter through the cafeteria and report to their respective homeroom.
- After 8:00 AM students must be dropped off at the FRONT and must sign in with our Attendance Secretary in the Health Office.
- Afternoon pick-up is at the BACK of the building at 3:00 PM. For the safety of our students and staff, cars may not be on campus prior to 2:45 PM.
- All Cars at Drop Off and Pick Up must enter the BACK entrance off of Salem Crossing Road. Cars are not permitted to line up on Salem Crossing or Borton Landing Road prior to 2:45 PM.
- Cars may be directed to park in the parking lot upon arrival to accommodate large numbers of cars.
MTPS Technical Support
Students and parents may contact the MTPS tech team if experiencing a technical problem at home with the MTPS computer or with the online systems that MTPS supports. If you get a busy signal or voicemail, we recommend calling back later or using the email address if possible. Emails may be sent to the email address below anytime, and a tech team member will respond as soon as possible.
UES Tech support: email@example.com 856-793-0333 x 14250
First Day of School Success Tips!
- It is strongly suggested that you print a copy of your child's schedule for them to bring on the first day of school.
- Please make sure your child knows the name of their homeroom teacher.
- When students arrive at the UES, they should report to their homeroom and line up in the hallway as directed by staff.
- The UES school day starts at 8:00 AM! Please make sure your child is here on time!
- Grade 5 & 6 parents/guardians - please have your child find their UES-issued laptop bag to bring to school on September 7!
- Please have your child check his/her student email before Thursday, September 7, for any important information sent out by teachers. Your child's student email address is made of the MHS graduation year, last name, first initial, and @mtps.us. (Example - 27LastF@mtps.us)
- Please check Genesis transportation information for possible changes/updates on bus schedules and routes on September 6.
We will see you soon!
We are excited to return for the 2023-2024 school year! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer, and remember to check your email, your child's email, and our website regularly for UES information and updates. We look forward to working with you to ensure your child has an Undeniably Excellent School year!