Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
Sunday, January 21, 2018
LCES United: Together We Are More!
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
We had a wonderful time honoring our students in grades K-5 for their achievement in attendance, reading, academics and character on Friday. We estimate that about 80% of our students received at least one award, which is something to celebrate! We are also so pleased with how many families joined us throughout the day.
I am aware that celebrations like these are difficult to attend for our families who work during the day. As a working mom myself, I know it can be so difficult to pull away from the demands and requirements of work to celebrate my own children. Thank you to all of you who were able to join us.
We'll host a spring semester awards celebrations as well. Grade K-4 awards will be given out in early June (date TBD) throughout the day. We will probably look to host one grade level at a time (difficult if you have kids in multiple grades, I know!). 5th grade will host a special awards breakfast on Wednesday, 6/6. Watch the Connection & our calendar for details!
The Home/School Connection
1. get a good night sleep - click for resources for kids & parents
2. come to school every day - click her for 10 facts about school attendance
3. read with your child each night - 20 minutes a night makes a huge difference
5. let your child's teacher know if something is going on that might impact their performance at school!
The Department of Education also has a handbook with other best practices for helping your child succeed in elementary school. Check it out!
- Mon., 1/22: Early Release Monday
- Now-Tues., 1/30: PTC Simply Nutrition "dine out" (click here)
- Mon., 1/22, 8 am: Girls on the Run Registration Options (use this link and get more info here)
- Wed., 1/24, 6-8 pm: PTC Dine Out at Mi Pueblito Taqueria (click here)
- Mon., 1/29: Early Release Monday
- Wed., 1/31, 5:30-8 pm: WPUSD Parent Information Night at LCE MPR (click here for flier)
- Thurs., 2/1, 3 pm, science room: PTC Meeting
- Fri., 2/2: School Wide PJ Dress Up Day
- Fri., 2/2: PTC Believe Spring Fundraiser Launches
- Tues. 2/6-Fri., 2/9: GATE Testing for 2nd graders (teacher determines time)*
- Thurs., 2/15-Mon., 2/19: No School
- Tues., 2/20: School Resumes
AM Kinder: 8 - 11:20 am PM Kinder: 10:20 am -1:40 pm Grades 1-5: 8:15 am - 1:40 pm (supervision provided for students from 1:40-2 pm)
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.