Central Update Bulletin - Issue 34
We sent out information on schedules and procedures for STAAR testing day. Please help us to keep the entire school conducive for testing during these three days.
- During lunch we will ask you to enforce the kids to whisper when talking and if this is unable to be achieved they will need to have a silent lunch. Thank you for your help with this!
- Please encourage silent hallway behavior as well.
- There will be bathroom monitors at all bathrooms during testing time to help with hallway noise and bathrooms.
We have scheduled out every grade level a day/time for an awards assembly...If your team decides to celebrate the end of the year achievements in a different, maybe less traditional way, please let me know the idea by Friday, May 13th and we can remove your time slot. Team leads will be in charge of the event planning/schedule and if you need/want an admin present for the assembly to announce names or speak in any way please let me know by Friday, May 20th.
- Kinder - May 26th 8:00-9:00 in the Cafeteria
- First - May 26th, 9:15-10:15 in the Cafeteria
- Third - May 31st, 8:00-9:00 in the Cafeteria
- Second - May 31st, 9:15-10:15 in the Cafeteria
- Fourth - June 1st, 8:00-9:00 in the Cafeteria
- Fifth - June 2nd, 8:30-10:00 in the Gym
Better Hearing and Speech Month
Do you notice certain students who struggle with articulation? Mrs. Goudy would like to share with you the following information to better help our students who struggle with this:
Week at a Glance
Monday, May 9th
- STAAR Math 3rd and 4th
- STAAR Math 5th Grade Retesters
Tuesday, May 10th
- STAAR Reading 3rd and 4th
- STAAR Reading 5th Retesters
Wednesday, May 11th
- School Nurses Day!!!
- STAAR Science 5th Grade
Friday, May 13th
- Fiesta De Mayo 4:30-7:00
Future Dates To Remember:
Monday, May 16th
- CIC Meeting in Library, 3:15-4:45
Tuesday, May 17th
- PTA Meeting, 5:00-6:00
- Kinder and Pre-K Round Up 6:00-7:00
Wednesday, May 18th
- Faculty Meeting in Cafeteria (Pink and Blue Cards) 3:15-To Completion of classes
Friday, May 20th
- Field DAY!!!
Learn More, Achieve More
In an effort to personalize the LMAM experience for Central I've created a TACKK highlighting some of the offerings I feel closely align with our current goals and information specific to Central Teachers. I will be updating this TACKK as information becomes available, so please bookmark it and come back to it as you plan your PD for the summer.