Kick off to SUMMER!
K12 Summer Camp Opportunities
1. Fourth graders and their families can visit national parks for free with the Every Kid in a Park program.
2. Get over $500 worth of bowling for free this summer with KidsBowlFree.com.
3. Barnes & Noble will give every kid who completes a reading journal one free book.
4. Watch $1 family movies at Regal Cinemas every Tuesday and Wednesday.
5. Sign kids up for free Home Depot building workshops.
6. Go on the world’s largest treasure hunt using Geocaching.com.
7. Kids who read every day for two weeks can get 10 free tokens from Chuck E. Cheese’s.
8. Microsoft’s free Youth Spark summer camp teaches kids about game coding and design.
9. Have a Bank of America or Merrill Lynch account? Go to the museum for free.
10. Get passes for free roller skating at a local rink with KidsSkateFree.com.
11. Have kids attend Lowe’s free Build & Grow workshop.
12. Enjoy free family activities at Bass Pro Shops.
13. Apple Camp teaches kids how to make a movie for free.
14. Find volunteering opportunities with VolunteerMatch.org.
15. Local libraries reward kids for reading with the “On Your Mark, Get Set, Read!” program.
16. Factory Tours around the state.
Report Card Opportunities
The end of the school year is fast approaching and that means year-end report cards are on their way! Don’t miss this Good Report Card Freebies list. Check out the links to see if your student's report card is eligible. It’s great for motivating your kids to finish the year strong. Or use them as surprise rewards after the report cards come home.
2. Krispy Kreme - Get a free original glazed donut for each A (up to 6 A’s).
3. Chick-fil-A – Bring in your all A’s and B’s report card and receive a FREE 8 pack nuggets! Call ahead to your location to see if they are participating
4. Pizza Hut – Each marking period, any child who has 3 A’s or the equivalent thereof, will receive one Personal Pan Pizza and a small soft drink or carton of milk by presenting his or her report card to the manager. This offer is good for Elementary and Middle School students. Dine-in only. Student must be present and the original report card must be presented. Available at participating locations.
5. McDonalds – If your child has a straight “A” report card, he/she can receive a FREE Happy Meal. This may vary by location so call ahead first!
6. Cold Stone Creamery – Not on a national level, but the stores are individually owned & operated so the best thing to do would be to ask your local store as some have offered them in the past.
7. Bank Rewards – A reader sent in the tip to check with your local banks and credit unions as many of them offer money rewards for good grades as well.
8 Auto Insurance – Be sure to tell your insurance company that your child gets good grades! Many have discounts available for it.
Although I did contact each company to verify their participation again this year, I always suggest calling ahead to be sure that your area business is participating. The last thing you want is a disappointed child with a good report card right.