June 29, 2016
NEW HR E-Blast Format!!
Introducing our NEW HR E-Blast format that will bring a modern feel to the delivery of information from the Office of Human Resources! Our new format may include the usage of embedded links, audio, video and forms for a user friendly experience.
NEW Benefit Information on our Human Resources Website!
New benefit sections are as followed: *Medical and Prescription * Dental * Vision * Life Insurance * Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) * Long-Term Disability * Flexible Spending Accounts * and * PerksConnect.*
- Benefit type, vendor, plan name, contact number and how to request a temporary card
- Monthly premiums
- Resources page includes external links to plan booklets, claim forms, corresponding apps (if applicable), etc.
Visit the website today: http://www.tamusa.edu/humanresources/benefits/medical-prescription.html
Staff Performance Management -Friendly Reminder- Past Due
Contact Patricia Morgan Senior Human Resources Generalist Patricia.Morgan@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2054 for further directions or if you have questions regarding the process.
The Learning and Wellness Program: LEAD Summer Service Academy
Learning & Wellness' new initiative, Learning for Effectiveness And Distinction (LEAD), will feature a LEAD Summer Service Academy that encompasses an array of workshops. Upon completion of any five (5) workshops during the summer, a Certificate of Achievement will be awarded during the Service Recognition Ceremony in Fall 2016. Workshops will focus on service to our students, colleagues, community, and constituencies: Below is a sampling of the types of workshops to be offered this summer:
- How to Become a Service Champion-Going from Good to Exceptional
- Microsoft Office Suite-Beginner Tips
- Internet Security
- Social Media Responsibility
- Website-Content Management
- Military Cultural Competence-Important Tips to Know about those Who've Served
- Concealed Carry Handguns on Campus-Their Rights & Yours
- Effective Responses to De-Escalating / Threatening Workplace Conversations & Situations
- Title IX-What You Need to Know Now!
- Accessibility on Campus-Service Animals & More
- Personal Safety Awareness
Dates, times and locations of all summer workshops will be announced soon. Registration through Texas A&M University Single Sign On for each workshop is required to receive credit towards the certificate of achievement.
Learning Contact: Jan Parten, ext. 2061; Janice.Parten@tamusa.edu
Wellness Contact: Francy Leal, ext. 2051; Francy.Leal@tamusa.edu
NEW Branding of our Wellness Program: JAGUAR STRONG-GET FIT!
10 Week Walking Challenge Update!
- Deadline for Team Captains to submit final miles is on July 01, 2016 to email@example.com.
- Winning Team will be announced the week of July 8th.
- Winning Team Members will each receive a Sport Apple Smart Watch!!
- GO JAGUARS!!
Enhancements to A&M Care Plan Cut Out-of-Pocket Costs
John Sharp, Chancellor of The Texas A&M University System, announced new enhancements to the health plans offered to The Texas A&M University System employees and retirees, reducing out-of-pocket costs for many participants.
A&M Care Plan:
- Deductible will decrease from $700 to $400
- Copay- Primary Care Physician from $30 to $ 20
- Copay- Specialist Office Visit from $45 to $30
- New monthly premium for full time employees who elect "Employee Only" coverage will be reduced from $10 per month to $0 per month.
Fitness Program for Retirees:
- The Healthways SilverSneakers® Fitness program will provide A&M System retirees a free, basic fitness membership with access to 15,000 classes in 13,000 locations nationwide.
The increased benefits for employees and retirees are the result of improved performance of the health plan, the impact of employee wellness programs and an increased contribution from the Texas Legislature and System members.
These plan changes will be effective September 1, but employees and retirees can start making choices about their health plan and other benefits during the annual enrollment period that begins on July 1-July 31, 2016.
A Special "Thank You" to our TAMU-SA UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS Department
Contact Us-We are Here for YOU!
Francy Leal Human Resources Generalist Francy.Leal@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2051
Christina Gomez Human Resources Specialist Christina.Gomez@tamusa.edu (210) 784-2053
Vacant Human Resources Generalist
Janice Parten Professional Development Administrator Janice.firstname.lastname@example.org (210) 784-2061
Angela Rodriguez Administrative Assistant II Angela.email@example.com (210)784-2058