4 More Challenges To Choose From!
WW @ Work, Couch to 5K, Truth Or Dare & Chiseled Challenge
It's All About Where You Find Your FIT
Coach to 5K
This is a fantastic program that's been designed to get just about anyone from the couch to running 5 kilometers or 30 minutes in just 9 weeks! Its secret is that it's a gentle introduction to getting the body moving, starting off alternating between walking and running small distances, and slowly building up until after 9 weeks, you're ready to run 5 kilometers or 30 minutes non stop.
Those who are in, please email the Coliseum with your confirmation! We will together set a destination race as our end goal.
The Truth Or Dare Challenge
Those who accept this challenge will receive an email every morning 5 days a week for 10 weeks. In these emails you will find a truth or a dare. If you accept the truth and / or accomplish the dare, you will give yourself one point for that day. The goal is to score a 50 at the end of the challenge. You will need to keep a Truth Or Dare Challenge journal / notebook to record the day, your notes and your points. This will be proof you indeed conquered all truths and all dares.
An example of a truth would be:
- "Aristotle claimed, 'The first and greatest victory is over self.' Do you accept this truth? Write 2-3 sentences of how it relates to you right now."
- "Work life balance tells us, 'The best to recharge is to unplug'. Do you accept this truth? Write one thing you will do today to 'unplug'."
- "The CDC states, 'Chronic conditions are the leading cause of death among older adults. Reducing risk factors thru steady exercise and healthy nutrition consumption will dramatically reduce the odds for these conditions, as well as add years to your life.' Write 2-3 sentences on what you are doing now and what you will be doing as it relates to that statement."
An example of a Dare would be:
- We dare you to eat 5 servings of veggies and 3 servings of fruit today.
- We dare you to see how many crunches you can do in 1 minute and write it down in your T&D journal.
- We dare you to use interoffice inspiration today. Say or send a quick encouragement to a coworker.
T-shirts for all who compete, and the prizes get larger with higher scores, leading up to 50!
Awareness leads to action! Please email the Coliseum to confirm you are up for it!
The Chiseled Challenge for Men
The Chiseled Challenge is for men who want to shape their bodies and sharpen their lives. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.
1. cut, shaped, etc., with a chisel:
2. sharply or clearly defined; clear-cut:
We are going to clearly define our bodies, inside and out. It is a 10 week challenge that will be broken up in 2 phases, 5 weeks each phase. We will go deeper in discipline, experience physique transformation and chisel away at negative life patterns. Any man can do this and you do not have to be a member of the Coliseum. There is no cost associated other than sacrifice and consistent discipline.
The philosophy behind this challenge:
In 1487 Leonardo Di Vinci accepted a challenge. He found writings from a Roman engineer, architect and military strategist named Vitruvius. Vitruvius lived around the year 50 BC and was a leader in architectural design, in structures of buildings, armies and man. His challenge was for someone to draw a man in perfect proportions using geometric dimensions, simultaneously fitting into a circle and a square. He believed man was the perfect creation, above marvelous structures, empires, nature and sky. Di Vinci was so inspired by Vitruvius that he accepted that challenge. No one else had accomplished the task. Thus we have this painting of the Vitruvian Man:
The Tools You Will Get:
- What to eat when for the entire 10 weeks.
- Workouts for 10 weeks.
- Weekly check ins and picture taking for accountability.
- A weekly scorecard for personal evaluation. It will also serve as a life journal.
- Weekly group workouts.
- Strength thru comradery. A band of brothers experience.
First meeting and check in Wednesday the 21st @ 11:30am, the Coliseum!