Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
August 6, 2019 - FAQs for the 2019-20 Year
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
The biggest thank you to our custodial team (Rob and Arty) who worked tirelessly all summer to clean classrooms, repair items, and prepare our campus to welcome you back. We hosted STAR summer camps for much of the summer, plus we hosted/will host numerous district trainings and city summer camps - our custodial team was busy busy busy! Help us help them feel the love!
In addition, our office team has been working hard prep for the new year - processing new registrations, helping families navigate the overflow situation, and organizing materials and class lists. Kudos and hats off to Pam, Tricia, Michelle & Katy!
Our teachers have been enjoying a much deserved break, but were also busy getting ready for the new year. Attending conferences, taking classes, participating in workshops, and curriculum planning was top on many of our teachers' lists...many of them are already showing up to campus to prepare for an amazing year. Three cheers for our staff team!
We are very excited to welcome some new teachers to our campus and we'll have a few new campus supervisors joining us this fall too (those names are TBA). Please help me in extending a warm welcome to our new teachers:
- AM TK - Mrs. Scarbrough
- PM TK - Mrs. Larsen
- 2nd Grade - Mrs. Noyes (moved from TK!)
- 4th Grade - Ms. Tomasello
- 4/5 Combo - Ms. Reynolds
The 2019-20 school year will be amazing. We have so much to look forward to as we learn and grow as Colts! We can't wait to welcome you back to campus next week!
Please watch for another Colt Connection on Monday, 8/12 with final reminders about the first day/weeks of school.
Back to School Night (BTSN)
- AM TK: 5-5:30 pm in room D101
- PM TK: 5:45-6:15 in room D101
- Kinder (AM & PM): 6-7 pm in the MPR
- 1st: 6-7 pm in the Library
Grades 2-5 will host BTSN after school begins, on Thursday, 8/22/19. Watch for details on the times and logistics the week that school starts. You can anticipate that BTSN will run from 5:30-7:15 pm if you attend all session options.
Please remember that BTSN is a "parent/guardian only" event to allow us all to focus on the important material being presented.
Verification of Residency
Options for turn in:
- bring it to the office anytime and drop it off (we are open from 7:30-4 with lunch from 12-1),
- slide it through the door if the office is closed,
- fax it to us at 916 434 5261,
- email it to us at email@example.com.
Please be sure to put your child/ren's names on the top or in the subject of the email.
Class List Posting!
Live Scan Service at Back to School Night & PTC Playground Night!
Sunset Notary is providing the LiveScan service on our campus during Back To School Night to our families for a great price. How awesome is that - it's less expensive, no appointment is needed & there's no driving around! We appreciate their service!!!
1. print and fill out the LiveScan form: http://bit.ly/WPUSDLiveScan (copies will be available on site, too)
2. come to campus during Back to School Night (BTSN) or Playground night and look for the Sunset Notary booth
- TK, K and 1st grade BTSN is on Tuesday, 8/13; Sunset will be here from 4:30-7 pm
- 2nd-5th grade BTSN is on Thursday, 8/22; Sunset will be here from 4:30-7 pm
- Playground Night is on Friday, 8/30; Sunset will be here from 5-7:30 pm
3. bring your payment (see details below)
4. bring your driver's license or state issued ID
The DOJ charges $32 to process a LifeScan and Sunset Notary charges $17 for their processing fee. Sunset Notary can take cash ($49), check ($49) or debit/credit ($51)
Online Emergency Cards
- Need your Login credentials? - call the office (916 434 5292)
- Require super technical support? - call the Technology Department at 916-434-3737 or email them at ParentPortalHelp@wpusd.org (but call the LCES office first!)
- The letter with instructions to set up access to portal - click here
For additional information, please visit our website: http://www.wpusd.org/Parent-Resources/PowerSchool-Parent-Portal/index.html
Special Needs for Campus
- pop up tents for campus event on Monday, 9/30 - looking to borrow from 9/27 through the afternoon of 9/30
- looking for 4 medium sized wooden planter barrels, and perhaps some soil and plants to go in them
Big thanks to the Felton family for their work painting a quote on the wall by the red tables - check it out!
On weekdays now through Wed., 8/14, the office is open from 7:30am-4pm with lunch from 12-1; we'll have regular office hours on weekdays from 7am-4pm beginning on Thurs., 8/15.
- Thurs., 8/8, 4 pm: Proof of Residency documents are due to the office
- Fri., 8/9, 4 pm: Class Lists Posted
- Tues., 8/13: TK, K and 1st grade Back to School Night - see times above
- Tues., 8/13: Sunset Notary at BTSN to process live scans
- Thurs., 8/15: First Day of School!
- Fri., 8/16, 5 pm: Emergency Cards must be updated online - see details above
- Mon., 8/19: Early Release Day
- Thurs., 8/22: 2nd-5th grade Back to School Night - watch calendar for details
- Thurs., 8/22: Sunset Notary at BTSN to process live scans
- Mon., 8/26: Early Release Day
- Fri., 8/30: PTC Playground Night
- Fri., 8/30: Sunset Notary at BTSN to process live scans
- Mon., 9/2: No School in honor of Memorial Day
*all Leadership, Musical Theater, and Choir program details are on Mrs. Adam's website or click the link below.
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map and video that explains how we ask families to help us keep kids safe. Note that it is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER Days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!
Fall & Early Winter - Non School Days or Special Release Days
- Wed., 8/14: last day of summer
- Every Monday: Early Release Day
- Mon., 9/2: Labor Day/no school
- Thurs., 10/3-Mon., 10/7: Fall Break/no school
- Mon., 10/14: Teacher work day/no school
- Mon., 11/11: Veteran's Day/no school
- Week of 11/18-11/22: Extra Early Release Days/Conference Week (12:30 release times)
- Week of 11/25-11/29: Thanksgiving Break/no school
- 12/23-1/3: Winter Break/no school