Guide to Stoich
How to setup,balance and solve equations By: Jacob Felix
How to setup and solve equations
- Write a balanced equation for the reaction.
- Write the given mass on a factor-label form.
- Convert mass of reactant to moles of reactant.
- Convert moles of reactant to moles of product.
- Convert moles of product to grams of product.
- Pick up the calculator and do the math.
Carbon Dioxide and Calcium Oxide
Balanced Equation and Molar Mass for reactantsCaO + Co2 >CaCo3
Calcium Oxide, Carbon Dioxide, Calcium Dioxide
44.018 = Co2
100.086 = CaCo3
Mole to mole: 0.92 moles
mass to mass: 44.01 G
Limiting and Excess Reactants: 1.3
Theoretical Yield :109.8%
Percentage Yield: 109.8%