Eternal Rest Funeral Home
Specializing in all your funeral needs
Preplanning is a matter of taking the time to think about – and record – your end-of-life desires. It’s a thoughtful gesture to those you love, and a way to let go of anxieties about the future. Once done, you can relax, knowing your plans are in the hands of reliable friends or family.
(Plan ahead, n.d.)
Reason's to choose preplanning options:
- It lets your family know your wishes.
- No guess work for your loved ones
- Ensures the cost is covered
- Locks in the cost of your funeral ahead of time
What you should do ahead of time
- Write information you want in your obituary
- Make a list of emergency contact
- Decide if you want burial or cremation
Reason to choose Burial
The choice of burial gives a few options for families to choose from:
- You can be interred (earth burial)
- Can be entombed in a crypt within a mausoleum (above-ground burial)
- Can be buried at sea
Some of the reasons for choosing burial
- Religious views are being met
- Burial is traditional
- The idea of being burned is not an option
- A monument can be erected
Reason to choose Cremation
The choice of cremation allows flexibility in funeral and memorial services. Families choose:
- funeral rites prior to cremation
- a memorial service following cremation
- a cremation service at the time of cremation
- direct cremation with no formal service at all.
Cremation allows scheduling of services at a time that works best for the family, even weeks following death when family gathers across long distances.
Following cremation, families choose to:
- scatter cremation ashes
- retain cremated remains in a cremation urn
- select a spot for permanent interment
(Why Choose Cremation Over a Funeral?, n.d.)
Book of Memories
Create a lasting memorial book so that friends and family can share their special memories.
Expression of Sympthy
Cards and gifts that will be picked especially with your loved ones in mind.
Create a memorial eulogy with your loved one in mind.
Plan ahead. (n.d.). Retrieved April 26, 2015, from Mountain View: http://mountainviewtacoma1.reachlocal.net/plan-ahead/why-should-i-plan-ahead
Why Choose Cremation Over a Funeral? (n.d.). Retrieved April 27, 2015, from Neptune Society: http://www.neptunesociety.com/why-choose-cremation?utm_term=planning%20a%20funeral&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=detroit