Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
Teacher Appreciation Week
May 2nd-6th is National Teacher Appreciation Week! Join us in celebrating all the wonderful teachers at Chandler High School and in CUSD.
DECA competed at Nationals last week in Nashville, TN and did a great job representing CHS!
IB and AP Exams
Good luck to the 611 CHS students who will be taking over 1300 Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate Exams in May.
IB Diploma Candidates and IB Course Candidates
Congratulations to the 2016 IB Diploma Candidates and IB Course Candidates who were recognized at their banquet last week. In addition to speeches by Mr. Rother, CHS Principal, and Gwendolyn Bishop, IB Club President, special guest speaker Trinity Donovan, a Chandler High and Stanford graduate, spoke of the importance of sharing one’s passion through service.
chs chamber orchestra
The Chamber Orchestra just returned from the Heritage Music Festival in California. They received 2nd place with a Silver Rating. Two soloists received the Maestro Music Award for outstanding solos with the orchestra: Jonathan Chiou for violin (pictured 4th from the right) and Mason Haskett for viola (pictured 3rd from the right).
chs senior Boyana Babanovski
On April 9th, Boyana Babanovski, a CHS senior, participated in a 3-hour workshop to design a three dimensional space, one-on-one with a local architect. It was held at the Colab Studios in Tempe. During the workshop, Boyana and other students designed their own work space.
ASU’s Future Sun Devils Families
On Saturday, April 30th, ASU’s Future Sun Devils Families worked with CHS Juniors and their families to help prepare them for the college application/scholarship process. ASU representatives covered a number of topics such as GPAs, timelines, applications, available financial aid, etc.
Varsity Softball celebrated Senior Night last Wednesday, and then went on to beat Gilbert High 6-0 on Saturday to advance in the State Playoffs. Round two will be played on Tuesday, May 3rd at Xavier. Congratulations and good luck!
chs unified basketball
Congratulations to CHS Unified Basketball for their 41-33 win over Hamilton last week. Great job, Wolves!
Last Week's Wins
- Freshman Softball def. Tolleson 12-8
- JV Softball def. Tolleson 23-1
- Varsity Softball def. Tolleson 16-4
- Freshman Baseball def. Tolleson 6-2
- Varsity Baseball def. Tolleson 3-1
- Freshman Baseball def. Basha 8-7
- JV Softball def. Campo Verde 6-5
This Week's Home Events
- Monday, 5/2: Boys Volleyball vs Boulder Creek: JV @ 4:00pm; Varsity @ 5:30pm
- Tuesday, 5/3-Thursday, 5/5: Beginning/Intermediate Dance Concert @ 7:00 in the CCA
- Thursday, 5/5: Unified Basketball vs. Poston Butte @ 6:00pm
- Scholar and High Honors seniors may pay for their graduation stoles in the Bookstore. Price = $26.
- Multi-generational graduates: if you are a senior and the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th generation in your family to graduate from Chandler High, please see Mrs. Thoren in the Career Center.
- What college or university will you be attending? All final transcripts will be sent electronically through Parchment. You must sign up at www.parchment.com before graduation. After graduation you will be charged $8.50 per transcript. For information on how to sign up, see Mrs. Thoren in the Career Center or Mrs. Graffeo in the Registrar’s office.
- Graduation: May 24th at 8:00pm on Austin Field. If you are not planning to walk with the class of 2016, you must let Mrs. Graffeo in the Registrar’s office or Mrs. Smith in Room 113 know as soon as possible.
CHS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The CHS Student/Staff Alumni Association is raffling an iPad Mini 4 this month. All proceeds from the raffle benefit the association’s scholarship fund and reunion activities. Tickets are $10 and only 100 tickets will be sold. Please call 480-812-7740 to purchase tickets.
CHS GOLF CLASSIC
2016-2017 SPORTS PHYSICALS
2016 CHANDLER GIRLS VOLLEYBALL SPRING CAMPS
- All Skills Camp (6th-8th grade): May 10th- May 12th @ 5pm-7pm; $ 50.00 Per Camper (Payne Gym)
- All Skills Camp (4th grade -8th grade): May 31st- June 2nd @ 9am-11:30am; $65.00 Per Camper (Old Gym)
- High School Instructional Camp (9th-12th graders): May 31st & June 2nd @ 11:30am-2:00pm (Old Gym) and June 14th, June 16th, & June 21st @ 9am-11:30am; $30.00 Per Camper (Old Gym) (HIGHLY ADVISED FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE TRYING OUT FOR HIGH SCHOOL SEASON)
- All Skills Camp (6th grade-8th grade): July 19th-21st @ 6:00pm-8:00pm; $ 50.00 Per Camper
- High School Skills Camp (9th-12th graders): August 1st– 4th @2:45-5:00pm; $65.00 Per Camper (HIGHLY ADVISED FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE TRYING OUT FOR HIGH SCHOOL SEASON)
Participants will receive a camp t-shirt. Questions? Please contact Head Coach Audra Slemmer at 480-812-7892 or email@example.com
cusd summer academy
In need of making up credits? Looking to get a head start for next year? CUSD Summer Academy could be just what you're looking for. Information on CUSD Summer Academy can be found by visiting the following link: CUSD Summer Academy Information
CHS WOLF DAYS - SAVE THE DATE
The purpose of WOLF Days is to distribute 2016-17 schedules, take student I.D. pictures, and pay for any fees. Please keep these dates in mind when scheduling vacations. WOLF Days takes place in the CHS Media Center.
Seniors - July 13th - 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Juniors - July 14th - 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Sophomores - July 15th - 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Freshmen - July 18th - 11:30 AM-6:00 PM