Some Dos and Don'ts
1. Try to respond back to someone's email as soon as possible. Replying back quickly helps others feel valued.
2. Use appropriate emoticons and inserts to help convey emotion. For example, insert a (grin) to convey happiness.
3. Be sure to include a subject line.
4. Remember that a real person will read the email; be sure to send only what you would want to read.
1. Try to avoid being sarcastic. The humor can get lost in the words, and it can often result in miscommunication.
2. Avoid using all capital letters. It sends the message that you are screaming.
3. Avoid sending meaningless exchanges. It takes people's time to read a chain letter.
4. Don't forward people's original email without other's permission. Also, be careful of who you include in an email.