CHS First Day of School
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
We are currently in RED, ALL Remote Learning, from September 8-11
Steps for the 1st day of Remote Learning
2.) Teachers will take attendance in each class period and provide synchronous or live instruction, group work or guided instruction via Teams. Attendance will be marked in PowerSchool.
3.) Assignments will be provided via Teams and turned in via Teams. Grades will be posted in PowerSchool for parents to access.
During the first week of school and while we are in red, students are expected to login to Teams DAILY, following the bell schedule in order to access classroom instruction and materials.
If you don't see all your classes in Teams, be patient. Teachers have to "activate" Teams to make them visible. They are hard at work making this happen! We thank you for your patience.
Student Login for District Laptop
Connect Your Laptop to your Home WiFi
POWERSCHOOL USERNAME & PASSWORD
- 9th - 208-855-4255 - Mrs. Rosco
- 10th - 208-855-4256 - Mr. Haener
- 11th - 208-855-4257 - Ms. Shumway
- 12th - 208-855-4258 - Ms. Scheppers
- We are following the High School Bell Schedule (see below). You should be logging on to Teams, according to the bell schedule.
We are running on the quarter system for High School. All students have 4 classes and will then will get another 4 classes in 9 weeks. This is how all West Ada High Schools are running their schedules. 4 classes is a full load for quarter one.
For schedule changes please complete the ONLINE FORM. Schedules changes will NOT be accepted after 3:00pm on Friday, September 11.
LAPTOPS & HOTSPOTS
EVERY student will NEED a district laptop regardless of whether or not they have their own device. Personal devices will NOT work on school WiFi in the event that we are in yellow or green. School issued devices come re-imaged with district approved apps to easily access classroom materials during remote learning.
WHAT IF I MISSED DEVICE DISTRIBUTION?
- Centennial will be open from 7:00am-3:00pm on Tuesday, September 8th for those students who could not make it to device distribution last week.
WHAT IF I STILL NEED A HOTSPOT FOR WIRELESS INTERNET?
- We have a limited number of hotspots available for students. Hotspots will be distributed to students on a first come, first serve basis on Tuesday, September 8th from 8am-3pm, while supplies last.
The West Ada Technology Department will attempt to provide a “best-effort” support for:
- District devices outside the school environment
- Support of personal Wi-Fi networks
- Answer basic questions about personal device access to West Ada technology resources and applications
You can reach the IT Service Desk at 208-350-5300, Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm.
More information can be found on District Support HERE!