From my family to yours . . .
Wishing you all that is merry and bright!
Heather, Jeremias, and Betinho Zunguze
Important Dates to Remember:
- As the December 1st due date has passed, this is another reminder: Please make $100 deposit for your Washington, D.C. trip for all students and chaperones. Here is the link for more information: https://www.smore.com/zxwbf-claxton-goes-to-washington-dc?ref=email>. Payment can be made online at this site: <http://osp.osmsinc.com/AshevilleNC/BVModules/CategoryTemplates/Detailed%20List%20with%20Properties/Category.aspx?categoryid=BP008>
- December 21-January 1: Winter Break
- Monday, January 4: Return to school
- A message from Mr. Edwards about the last ten days of school: "All of Asheville City Schools will conduct EOG testing in the last 10 academic days of school. Currently, that means beginning on the 24th of May and concluding on the last day of school, June 7th. This certainly is contingent on snow days, so fully expect for these days to shift later into June. We want to be proactive in letting everyone know now, so that there are no surprises at the end of the year".
- Thank you to everyone who has donated school supplies and supported our school events, especially our pizza party, the Penguin Patch, and the winter dance!
- Thank you for the many expressions of kindness and generosity to my family and me over this holiday season!
- Check out this website that provides sample math problems and answers as well as videos for homework help: <http://www.oakdale.k12.ca.us/cms/page_view?d=x&piid=&vpid=1402228893267>!
- I have also set up a free class account with Kahn Academy. Your child can join Ms. Zunguze's Kahn Academy class, which provides standards-based math missions that are individualized based on your student's progress within the program. I will offer extra credit for each online session that your child completes. Here's how to join:
Photos from Winter Concert
- Glue Sticks! Glue Sticks! Glue Sticks!
- a volunteer to photocopy Math Module 3