A Literacy Newsletter
New Year, New Goals!
Work together with students to choose a specific reading goal for them to work on and write it on a sticky note. It could be related to accuracy, fluency or comprehension. Any of the strategies from your new Serravallo book would be great!
We all set some personal goals for our classroom at the last PD in December. Reflect back on your goal and your progress so far. You may be working on engagement or guided reading. I'll be getting in touch with you to see how I can support you.
Celebrate student progress, no matter how big or how small, but also take time to celebrate your hard work! As you reassess and level students come down and move their cards on the data wall so we can all celebrate the progress you've made.
The Books are Coming! The Books are Coming!
Mark Your Calendar...
Please bring the following items:
- The Next Step in Guided Reading
- The Reading Strategies Book
- Data for one (or more) student that is not progressing- reading log, running records, writing about reading, anecdotal notes, interest inventories, current SEI's, and any other data you think will help us learn more about the child. The more pieces of data the better.
We'll be discussing and analyzing this information, setting goals, and planning activities to use.
Tuesday, February 16- K3, K4, and K5
Thursday, February 18- 1st Grade
Friday, February 19- 2nd Grade
Monday, February 22- 3rd Grade
Tuesday, February 23- 5th Grade
Thursday, February 25- 4th Grade
Know Your Why
Keep Calm and Ask Your Reading Coach
- modeling/co-teaching/observing guided reading lessons.
- writing guided reading lesson plans.
- analyzing student data to determine goals.
- conducting SEI's.
- working with your schedule to allow for more groups.
Thanks for all you do! My door is always open so please let me know how I can help!