week of February 1, 2016
- The NEW School Mission Statement: Manchester Community Schools, in partnership with parents and community, use best practices to develop the skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity in all students to ensure they are future ready.
- District Vision: Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
- District Purpose: Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
Goal 1: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in their literacy skills.
Goal 2: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in critical thinking.
Goal 3: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in mathematical skills.
Goal 4: All staff will engage in the district-wide continuous improvement process.
We are doing the last round of make ups on Monday morning and then I will call Tina and Lisa to close the session. Lisa said it will take one day after she closes the session to view and print reports. The goal is to be ready to print by Wednesday.
Executive Function Groups Coming
in February, Charlene will be starting, at least, one group that will focus on developing executive function skills.
Consider referring student if they:
- Seem to wander about the room or "get lost" during transitions
- Need directions to be repeated over and over
- Seem to have a very hard time initiating or starting assignments
- Are easily distracted while in the middle of a task
- Work is often completed incorrectly or doesn't match the description of what it was supposed to be
If you'd like to refer a student to this group, please complete this form by Thursday, February 4th.
I am sharing the Updated Schedule for Leadership Workshops, all dates for the rest of the school year are listed. Last week we worked around the Body Safety Training for kindergarten and first grade. We are back on schedule for this week. Note: third-grade time is 1:30 pm. I have more room to make changes if third grade teachers wish to discuss.
There will be no reading Title 1 on Wednesday.
By 9:00 am we will have keys in the room to lock rooms 109 and 115 in the event you will need to shelter in place. I am searching for two extra keys for the staff lounge. They should be in place by Thursday.
MCSF Trivia Night
- 2.1.16-Kindergarten Leadership Workshop-1:00
- 2.3.16-Karin at CPI training
- 2.4.16-ALICE drill
- 2.4.16-Staff Meeting
- 2.5.16-Progress reports go home
- 2.9.16-Karin out of the building
- 2.9.16-Building configuration meeting
- 2.10.16-Talent Show practice
- 2.12.16-Klager Movie Night
- 2.15.16-No School-Presidents Day
- 2.15.16-School Board Meeting
- 2.17.16-Kindergarten Information Night
- 2.18.16-Grade Level Meetings
- 2.23.16-Configuration meeting
- 2.23.16-Klager PTO meeting
- 2,24.16-Talent Show-rehearsal times to be announced
- 2.25.16-Principal's Advisory
- 3.2.16-SIP meeting
- 3.3.16 Staff Meeting
Coffee with the Superintendent
She will meet at the following locations and times:
February 10th, 2 pm, at Frank's
March 9th, 7 pm, in the Ackerson Board Room
April 13th, 10 am, at Frank's
May 12th, 2:00 pm, at Frank's
June 8th, 7 pm, in the Ackerson Board Room.
You are welcome to share these dates and times in your newsletters and conversations with families.
Window Shades in the Office
From the Villarreal's
I enjoyed popping in the Glow in the Dark Daddy Daughter Dance. I realized that glow in the dark balloons are cool and I sometimes wish I had a little girl.(Not to replace the handsome young men of my home.) I guess it is time to go shopping for my niece and get my pink frilly fix.The event seemed flawless and there were about 90 girls in attendance.