What a magical time we are having here at Suwanee Elementary! December is always fun especially in an Elementary school. The students keep us smiling and remembering all that is good in this world. We are so thankful for our parents' support. It's means so much.
A couple of updates from the district. Our calendar has made a shift for second semester. Students will now return on January 7th after winter break. Also, we will have 4 digital learning days in second semester (Jan.26th, March 2nd & 16th, and April 20th). These extra days of teacher planning time will help give our teachers and staff the much needed time to plan lessons and have continuous professional learning.
What should parents and students expect from these four added digital days?
- No zoom sessions
- Teachers will be posting review assignments and interactive activities. Assignments could range from items to work online and offline
- Teachers will check their emails at 10:30 and 1:30 to respond to any questions.
- Specials will post a fun activity. Students will go to the specials they choose. The activity will be an enrichment and optional for that day.
Thanks for your continued support!
Your Very Proud Principal,
Mrs. Mary B. Taylor
Suwanee Families Dream List Support
SES Digital Story Night is this Wednesday! A QR Code will be sent out on Tuesday, and Wednesday students will have a bag with a special treat and a copy of the QR code as well to bring home. Digital students may pick-up this goodie bag between 3:30-5:30 on WEDNESDAY at the front of the school. Just drive up and our awesome volunteer will be out their to hand-out the treat.
It was so nice to have our North Gwinnett Cluster SRO Officer Misuraca in our 2nd grade classes to read a story! Officer Misuraca is also making a special appearance for our SES Digital Story Night.
How to help your children with learning and set-up your babies for future learning success?
- Read a book together. Before you read, look at the cover together and make predictions about the story. If your child isn’t talking yet, still ask them what they think will happen and share your predications, too.
- Want to learn how talking, reading, and playing with your child can help them learn? Need a few tips for getting started visit the Building Babies Brains website at: https://buildingbabiesbrains.com/resources/2-to-3-years/...