Third Grade Newsletter
April 4-8, 2016
A Look Ahead
- April 7th: Chick-fil-a Night @ 4:00 pm
- April 11th: Field Trip to the Truman Library (Please be at school on time)
- April 11th: Jump rope for heart
- April 13th: MAP Awards Assembly
- April 14th: Kindergarten Registration Night
- April 19th-20th: MAP Testing
- April 26th-27th: MAP Testing
Third Graders will be MAP Testing in two weeks. Please make sure that your students are going to bed on time, eating a good breakfast, and getting to school on time. We will begin testing at 8:30 am. With this being the first year your students are testing, please encourage them at home to try their best and give it their best effort.
We are starting our Fairy Tale unit for 4th quarter. We will also be selecting our Narrative Writing piece. During our I-Block we will be focusing on MAP prep.
We will be finishing up graphs and start on area and perimeter. We have turned morning work time into MAP prep time to help students know what the test will look like.
In Science, we are still focusing on force and motion of objects.
In Social Studies, we are wrapping up our information that will get us ready for our field trip next Monday.
Spelling and Vocabulary