Week of May 2nd
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
Monday, May 2nd- Early Release Day, Safety Patrol Applications Due
Wednesday, May 4th- Music Field Trip to Straz Center
Friday, April 29th- Nonuniform Day, Battle of the Books Test, ELA Homework Due
Monday, May 9th- Second Payment for Animal Kingdom Due
Thursday, May 26th- Field Trip to Animal Kingdom
We will be doing a close read of a text this week. Students will be completing a performance task in which they will use evidence from the text to write an essay that identifies the theme and discusses the risk taken by Pee Wee Reese, his beliefs, and what he may have expected to gain.
This week students will:
- Identify key details for citing text evidence
- Infer the main idea of a text
- Identify and understand a biography
- Compose an informational essay
- 1 Reading Response using Seesaw (make sure to post in the reading response folder)
- Read 30 minutes each night
We will be reviewing multiplication and division through project based learning this week. Students will be preparing a field trip for kindergarten students to the Strawberry Festival. They are challenged to complete 5 tasks for the trip and will be uploading the product from each task to their digital portfolio using Seesaw!
- Solve multi-step word problems using the 4 operations, including problems in which remainders must be interpreted.
- Represent problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity.
- Multiply a whole number of up to 4 digits by a one-digit whole number.
- Multiply two two-digit numbers, using strategies based on place value and the properties of operations.
- Find whole number quotients
Think Central Resources:
Animated Math Model Skills 9-20
Students will be explaining how although characteristics of animals are inherited, some characteristics can be affected by the environment. They will also be comparing and contrasting the major stages in the life cycles of Florida animals, such as those that undergo incomplete and complete metamorphosis.
- How would you explain how animals have certain characteristics?
- How the the major stages of Florida animals compare?
Login to http://www.myngconnect.com
Username: Student Number
Password: hMM/YYYY (letter h followed by birthday month and year ie: h112006)
There are vocabulary and enrichment assignments that can be completed for additional practice on myngconnect!
From Caterpillar to Butterfly: Following the Life Cycle -Suzanne Slade
Ethan in Bengal Tones, Arnav in Bengal Beat, and Rahul in Bengal Rockers!
Kaely, Annie, Mia, Zayrreah, and Sophie M. in Bengal Singers!
Sophie M. had a solo for the grand finale and she was AMAZING!
Second Grade taught us how to use Seesaw this week! We are so excited to use this digital portfolio for the rest of the school year!
Mrs. Holland is explaining how the teacher has to approve your posts before anyone else can see them!
A parent letter will be coming home next week on how to download the parent app to keep track of your child's digital portfolio and see evidence of their daily learning in class!