Laura Vazquez, Period 1
- Design, develop, and take responsibility for the installation of ship machinery and related equipment including propulsion machines and power supply systems.
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery to draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- They typically work in both offshore and on land.
ANNUAL SALARY DETAILS:
10th Percentile - $50,640
25th Percentile - $60,560
Average Annual Salary - $73,060
Annual Salary Median - $69,490
75th Percentile - $79,210
90th Percentile - $95,710
HOURLY WAGE DETAILS:
10th Percentile - $24.35
25th Percentile - $29.12
Average Hourly Pay - $35.13
Hourly Pay Median - $33.41
75th Percentile - $38.08
90th Percentile - $46.02
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Science — Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Projected growth (2010-2020) Average (17% )
Advancement Opportunities or Related Jobs
- Marine engineers may advance to become technical specialists or to supervise a team of engineers, technicians, and engineering managers.
- Construction Managers
- Logistics Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Environmental Engineers
- Fire-Prevention and Protection Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Energy Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineering Technologists