My Definition: An object is accelerating if it is changing its velocity.
Formulas: a= V-Vₒ/ ∆t
- If an object is slowing down, then its acceleration is in the opposite direction of its motion.
- whether the object is speeding up or slowing down
- whether the object is moving in the + or - direction
2. Jon swam 6 m in 35.76 s. It took him 4 s to increase his velocity from 0 to his max velocity. V=Calculate his average acceleration during the first 4 s.
3. A dolphin swam an average acceleration of 1.80 m/s (squared), it would go from rest to its top speed in 85.6s. What was the speed of the dolphin?
4. If the dolphin accelerates for 1.00 min, what will the speed be after one minute?