Eleanor Roosevelt Newsletter
December 2021/January 2022
Translate Newsletter / Traducir Newsletter / Перевести информационный бюллетень :
- To translate this newsletter to another language, select "Translate Newsletter" in the black box on this page.
- Para traducir este boletín a otro idioma, seleccione Traducir boletín en el cuadro negro de esta página.
- Чтобы перевести этот информационный бюллетень на другой язык, выберите «Перевести информационный бюллетень» в черном поле на этой странице.
From the Principal
During this time off from school (December 20-31) for Winter break, we want to express our gratitude for everyone who has helped keep our students safe, healthy, connected and learning. We thank:
● Our students and families who are persevering through hard times.
● Our teachers who have gone above and beyond to help make school a welcoming place where students can learn.
● Our administrators who have pulled double duty and filled in for their colleagues.
● Our many, many healers and helpers - the support staff and community volunteers who provide the extra hands and attention our children need.
May these days off be restful and healing. Many of you are grateful to see the faces of loved ones whom you have missed during the pandemic. Many are grieving empty seats at the table. Some are struggling to put food on the table or may have no table at all.
After Winter Break please contact:
Elizabeth Tiegs, Family Community Resource Coordinator
● We look forward to seeing you again when school resumes on Monday, January 3.
● As long as your child is healthy, please encourage showing up to class when school is in session. Every day of school is an important opportunity for students to learn as well as connect to peers and their teachers.
Thank you for partnering with us to help your child learn, thrive and succeed.
Mondays - 40 Minute Early Release at 2:10 pm (through May 16, 2022)
December 20-31- No School: Winter Break
Monday, January 3 - Return to school
Wednesday, January 5 - Programs of Choice & Magnet School Applications OPEN
Thursday, January 13 - PTA Meeting: 3:10-4:10 pm: Roosevelt Cafeteria
Friday, January 14 - Lost and Found Donated
Monday, January 17- No School: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Wednesday, January 19 - Coffee & Conversation 8:45-9:15 am
Friday, January 28 - No School: Semester Break
Monday, February 21- No School: Presidents Day
Roosevelt PTA (Parent Teacher Association) Meeting
Thursday, Jan. 13th, 3:15pm
2921 Falk Road
Check out our Mrs. Campos' Safety Corner with important Roosevelt health and safety information for parents and resources.
REMEMBER TO RETURN ROOSEVELT MASKS
Attendance: All Day Every Day
To report an absence:
- Your message shoud include: your students first name and last name, teacher, date of absence and reason for the absence.
- Phone messages and written notes can be written in parent's home language.
- Call or email within 3 days of absence.
Programs of Choice & Magnet Schools - Applications OPEN January 5
1. Go to www.vansd.org/choices and click Apply Here
2. Go to https://vancouver.schoolmint.net/
VPS en Español
Roosevelt Family-Community Resource Center
Here to help connect and coordinate access to services: food, school supplies, clothing, housing and other resources. Stop in, call or email to connect.
Elizabeth Tiegs, Family-Community Resource Coordinator
email@example.com | 360.313.2623
Does your student need a coat?
Share Backpack Food Program
RESOURCE: FOOD BANK FRESH FOOD PANTRY
Jim Parsley Community Center (4100 Plomondon)
2nd Thursday of each month:
January 13, February 10, March 10, April 14 May 12
All VPS Families Welcome
Blue or Tan Intake card from Clark County Food Bank
Be able to provide names and birthdays of all people in your household.
Additional Community Food Access:
Clark County Food Bank Drive Thru (6502 NE 47th Ave)
Every Tuesday 3-4 pm
RESOURCE: Grow & Learn
1-2-3 Grow and Learn Virtual Classes
Monday-Friday 10-10:45 am
Wednesdays 1-1:45 pm
1-2-3 Grow & Learn Groups are drop-in programs for families with children from birth to 5 years old. Check out information about the program and register for virtual playgroups here.