Weekly Update HSoC
May 2 - 6, 2022
Quote for the Week
Dr. Tony Evans
STAAR Test Dates (State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness)
Reminders for Testing Days
- Students should get a good night’s sleep and have a healthy breakfast prior to testing.
- Please arrive on time to school – testing begins promptly.
- Schools are closed to visitors on days when testing is being administered.
Testing begins at 8:35 a.m. each day.
May 3, 2022 - Algebra I
May 4, 2022 - Biology
May 5, 2022 - U.S. History
Rotary Foundation Scholarship Congratulations - SHYANNA NICOLE ROBERTS
Good afternoon parents!
It is time to start planning the Senior Slideshow! This is a slideshow that includes all members of the Class of 2022. We would like to include a senior picture and a baby picture. We show this before graduation when everyone is getting seated and we also put it out on social media! I have attached a couple of examples. Please email the pictures to email@example.com.
Graduate candidates need to arrive at 6:30 pm.
Fri, May 27, 2022, 08:00 PM
Lumpkins Stadium, Indian Drive, Waxahachie, TX, USA
FASFA - Texas to Require FAFSA for High School Completion
Subject:House Bill 3 (HB 3) Implementation: Financial Aid Application
Beginning with students enrolled in 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year, each student must do one of the following in order to graduate:
- Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete and submit a Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA)
- Submit a signed opt-out form (Contact HSoC orOpt out Form) : firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful FAFSA videos
Project Grad Student/Parent Contract
Waxahachie ISD 2022 Project Graduation Student - Parent/Guardian Contract
Read in full before proceeding
This form must be completed & signed by the students and their parent/guardian and submitted . **Please note there are incentives listed at the bottom of this section to get your contract in early.
New Students to HSoC
HSoC is and has been successfuL because of YOU, the students who have come here and been successful completing, in many cases, a student's last chance at success! It's tme to replenish our numbers. If you know a student similiar to you that may need an opportunity like you did at HSoC have them apply at HSoC.
Remember minimum requirements for accpetance into HSoC:
- Need to have a minimum of three (3) E.O.C. (End of Course Exams) passed or waived
- Must be enrolled into WISD prior to accpetance. No Out- of- District students.
- Attendance is a major factor.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Discipline Offensives are a major factor considerd in acceptance
Students wanting to apply for the 2022-2023 school year we are accepting applications now! apply at : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenBauFh0Kvpn3tNIYy96dueFKtO_9SEY3I8pEWGdzVsjnUOg/viewform
High School Of Choice
We are an alternative high school, designed to help at-risk students achieve their goals of high school graduation and beyond. HSoC supports students through rigorous, innovative, and engaging learning experiences. Every student will be empowered to fiercely navigate their world with resilience, purpose, courage, humility, and pride.
Academic Performance and Effort
It is an expectation that all High School of Choice (HSoC) students put forth the effort to reach their maximum potential. Academic excellence is achieved by challenging yourself to improve on every assignment or task you encounter.
WISD Vision: Our vision is to be a district where innovation thrives and growth is limitless